Jaxter2k8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I recieved my As results today and to say the least am really disappointed I got BBD. I know the B's are good for the uni in the future I will need to get ABB. the subjects I do are ICT,RE and Geography I got the D in geography for human geography I got 67/100 and physical 50/100. What am curious about is how can I improve as I knew every of by heart for that exam but my technique for answering questions must of let be down. Also for ICT I got a B but I need a A for next year I got 221/300 a A is 240/300 what am curious is it possible to bring it up as I spoke to a teacher and they said I could am just worried about the added question. What's running through my mind overall how should I go about improving for my geography re-sit and am not to sure to re-sit ICT or not as I feel next year what really is the worst that could happen ?
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jaxter2k8)
I recieved my As results today and to say the least am really disappointed I got BBD. I know the B's are good for the uni in the future I will need to get ABB. the subjects I do are ICT,RE and Geography I got the D in geography for human geography I got 67/100 and physical 50/100. What am curious about is how can I improve as I knew every of by heart for that exam but my technique for answering questions must of let be down. Also for ICT I got a B but I need a A for next year I got 221/300 a A is 240/300 what am curious is it possible to bring it up as I spoke to a teacher and they said I could am just worried about the added question. What's running through my mind overall how should I go about improving for my geography re-sit and am not to sure to re-sit ICT or not as I feel next year what really is the worst that could happen ?
What I would recommend is asking your school whether they could request the exam scripts back for those units where you didn't do very well. This will allow you and your teacher to go over it in detail and see if you can identify any particular problems with your technique. Sometimes it can be a simple matter of you not making an obvious point explicit enough, even though you know it. Or not putting enough of the terms in that the exam board prefers. When you resit your subjects, getting hold of past papers and their mark schemes is really crucial for adapting your style to what is wanted by them.
thejediduck
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
What I would recommend is asking your school whether they could request the exam scripts back for those units where you didn't do very well. This will allow you and your teacher to go over it in detail and see if you can identify any particular problems with your technique. Sometimes it can be a simple matter of you not making an obvious point explicit enough, even though you know it. Or not putting enough of the terms in that the exam board prefers. When you resit your subjects, getting hold of past papers and their mark schemes is really crucial for adapting your style to what is wanted by them.
Yes, this worked for my A levels, past papers really helped me, I think they are one of the best revision tools.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (20)
7.66%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.62%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.56%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (72)
27.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.01%

Watched Threads