Hai_Ann
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm concerned about my results seeing how everyone is so clever around here, getting all them A's lol.

English Language & Literature- B
Economics- C
Philosophy- E
Maths- U

I expected to fail maths but not to that extent where both C1 and C2 are U's.
I thought the statistics exam was easy. I thought I'd get a C on that one at least but I got an E.... so I'm not sure what went wrong there but I'm definitely dropping maths.

On the other hand, with philosophy I got an E which was probably because I didn't write clearly and kept putting stars to add in sentences. In my mocks I always managed to get C's in philosophy. So I'm thinking of retaking since it's only one exam.

Economics.. I was highly concerned about because my teachers kept warning me about my mocks but I did ok. Lol. For Unit 1 I got a D..(unit 1 was always difficult) whereas for unit 2 I got a B which was pleasantly surprising since in my mock I got a U for Unit 2. Haha.

English though.. I'm satisfied with the grade I got. I got an A in unit 1 and got a C in unit 2.

Do you guys know what I could do? I'm definitely thinking of retaking philosophy and dropping maths but I'm unsure if I should retake unit 1 economics. I want to go to university but are my AS grades satisfactory?
My UCAS points won't be that high.
Will AS results count towards the uni application process?
username1219489
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got BCEU as well. I think that if you can resit your E next year and work really hard for your other subjects then you have a great chance of getting into a decent uni. Personally I am aiming for ABB next year and so I need to make sure that I work hard from the get go.
Hai_Ann
Rep:
?
(Original post by BenGeorge)
I got BCEU as well. I think that if you can resit your E next year and work really hard for your other subjects then you have a great chance of getting into a decent uni. Personally I am aiming for ABB next year and so I need to make sure that I work hard from the get go.
Yay, someone with the same grades as me!!
So hard to find anyone that hasn't got an A here lol.

You'll do well! Wish you luck
sarah1001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what did you get in GCSE maths?
Hai_Ann
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarah1001)
what did you get in GCSE maths?
Got an A. So for me to be getting a U... it's disappointing.

In my college, they wouldn't let anyone do A Level maths if students got below an A grade in GCSE Maths. I'm pretty sure that applies to most colleges.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.72%
No (52)
22.13%
Not sure (45)
19.15%

Watched Threads