Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

exam period weight gain horror watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leda swanson)
    and i start to think things like 'oh dear, i only ate 5 minutes ago, my blood sugar must be really low, this is why i can't be bothered to learn this list of irregular french verbs...'

im the same eating lots of bread and butter non -stop ewwww im getting fat

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to lose a bit of weight, but it's not really working and I don't know why! It's really annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    im the same eating lots of bread and butter non -stop ewwww im getting fat
    mmm... i'm eating toast and butter right now actually. maybe i'll enjoy being fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    The fact that youre more likely to put it back on doesnt mean
    a) that you will
    b) that its 'bad' for you

*cough* More THAN likely *cough*
    So gaining and losing a load of weight all the time is good is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    *cough* More THAN likely *cough*
    So gaining and losing a load of weight all the time is good is it?
    Bodybuilders do it all the time, how is bad for you exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Do you not eat less when you're not doing much exercise? I just don't get hungry when I'm stuck in the house all day - whereas when I'm back at school I go crazy on the chocolate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    I'm trying to lose a bit of weight, but it's not really working and I don't know why! It's really annoying!
    Whats your diet like?

ReputationRep:
    This guy at my gym said if you wanna lose weight when working out you have to eat loads. Not loads of junk food and crap but good healthy stuff or something :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    I've actually lost weight through stress and late nights...I literally get about 3 hrs of sleep a night. Don't crash diet before uni, just try and eat 6 small and balanced meals a day so you don't get hungry and pig out all the time. Drink lots of water too, it will fill you up. If you feel you need to run to the kitchen every 10 minutes to eat something, why don't you go peel a carrot or chop some cucumber...then snack on that everytime u go to the kitchen?
    carrots? cucumbers? these are exams i'm doing, i need fuel. i'm sleeping for about 12 hours a day too, because if i'm tired there's no point revising at all. i tend to eat while i am actually revising. werthers originals are the best thing for revising french. i think it's due to some kind of sensory deprivation, like i just don't care about the history of henry 7th so it doesn't involve my mind enough so i have to remind myself i'm alive by tasting things?

ReputationRep:
    I would say I am actually really healthy, the only thing is I don't think I eat enough protein cos I'm a veggie, but I try ...

ReputationRep:
    This guy at my gym said if you wanna lose weight when working out you have to eat loads. Not loads of junk food and crap but good healthy stuff or something :confused:
    I wouldnt go as far as loads...6 small meals a day, if youre female try 6 meals of 200 calories(not much) and you could do some cardio with that if you wanted..

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt go as far as loads...6 small meals a day, if youre female try 6 meals of 200 calories(not much) and you could do some cardio with that if you wanted..
    Yeh I do loads of cardio at the gym, I go about 3/4 times a week. Oh and I do resistance to tone up as well.

ReputationRep:
    I would say I am actually really healthy, the only thing is I don't think I eat enough protein cos I'm a veggie, but I try ...
    Being a veggie is hardly a perfect weight loss diet, you eat pretty much all carbs, if you have a surplus of calories in the form of carbohydrates your body stores it as fat..

ReputationRep:
    i need to lose weight i wud ideally like to be 8 for the summer, im a bit over it now how can i lose 7lbs in 2 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    Being a veggie is hardly a perfect weight loss diet, you eat pretty much all carbs, if you have a surplus of calories in the form of carbohydrates your body stores it as fat..
    I know, I know that's my main problem. The main part of more or less any meal for me are carbs whereas a lot of people can have low fat protein which is a lot better. By the way I'm not just a veggie to lose weight.

i havnt been to the gym in weeks thanks to revision..however ive managed to keep the weight off mainly due to not letting myself snack on chocolate

ReputationRep:
    i need to lose weight i wud ideally like to be 8 for the summer, im a bit over it now how can i lose 7lbs in 2 weeks?
    I know that's basically what I'm trying to do. I'm a 10 now, but wanna get down to an 8 for the summer too! I dunno how though, I'm doing so much already!

ReputationRep:
    Dont eat for a day or two or more..

ReputationRep:
    Dont eat for a day or two or more..
    Lol, I'd faint!

ReputationRep:
    but honestly...try eating 800 calories a day and doing 40 minutes of cardio a day for 2 weeks, you should lose the 7lbs pretty esaily doing that

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.