Turn on thread page Beta

exam period weight gain horror watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leda swanson)
    actually i think i'm going to carry on binge eating and getting obese. i will become a proud member of the sufferers from the national obesity epidemic. this way i will be a walking advertisement against the dehumanising military-industrial capitalist system. when people will see me they will think 'arg we need greater state control in order to stop babies dying weighing 16 stone!!!' and they won't vote tory.

i'm eating fairtrade organic chocolate at the moment. mmmmmmm mmmm. i am a consumer with a conscience.
    Lol .... organic dark chocolate is the best though ... mmm ... your making me feel hungry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    Ha ha my sister binge-eats dark chocolate and then says "but it's good for you!"
    hmmm... maybe it would be a better political statement to be skinny and to show people that you don't need to give in to the evil capitalist chocolate manufacturers.

if i ate 800 calories a day of fairtrade chocolate, would i lose half a stone in 2 weeks? if i only ate 800 calories a day and did lots of exercise how long would it take me to lose a stone in weight?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... maybe it would be a better political statement to be skinny and to show people that you don't need to give in to the evil capitalist chocolate manufacturers.

if i ate 800 calories a day of fairtrade chocolate, would i lose half a stone in 2 weeks? if i only ate 800 calories a day and did lots of exercise how long would it take me to lose a stone in weight?

800 calories isn't a healthy amount of calories a day. If you don't eat at least 1200 calories a day then your metabolism slows down and your body thinks it's starving and immediately starts to store fat as a protection device ... or so I have been told ...

ReputationRep:

About 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    800 calories isn't a healthy amount of calories a day. If you don't eat at least 1200 calories a day then your metabolism slows down and your body thinks it's starving and immediately starts to store fat as a protection device ... or so I have been told ...
    This is true, but if youre not concerned about muscle loss and other things it would work..theyre the ones wanting quick solutions to a long term problem

ReputationRep:
    oooh i got it to work - clever me! how fast should i be going (mph) if i'm doing 40 mins would you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    About 2 weeks
    really??? sorted. this is brill. at the moment, i am gaining about a stone a month, and i have a month left of exams. so i'll be 2 stone above my ideal weight by the time i finish my exams. but if after that for a month i only ear 800 calories a day and spend about 2 hours a day exercising, i will be back to the weight i was in only one month???

mmmm... this toast and nutella suddenly tastes so much nicer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    oooh i got it to work - clever me! how fast should i be going (mph) if i'm doing 40 mins would you recommend?
    You what?

ReputationRep:
    This is true, but if youre not concerned about muscle loss and other things it would work..theyre the ones wanting quick solutions to a long term problem
    yes, i don't give a **** about muscle loss, i am a girl after all, muscles are very unattractive on girls

ReputationRep:
    You what?
    lol...sorry! my exercise bike - how fast should i go if i'm gonna spend 40 mins on it? ....how fast do you think the average fit person would be going?

ReputationRep:
    really??? sorted. this is brill. at the moment, i am gaining about a stone a month, and i have a month left of exams. so i'll be 2 stone above my ideal weight by the time i finish my exams. but if after that for a month i only ear 800 calories a day and spend about 2 hours a day exercising, i will be back to the weight i was in only one month???

mmmm... this toast and nutella suddenly tastes so much nicer.
    Nah it wouldnt really work in that case. Eat 6 small meals of 300 calories each, do 40 minutes of cardio exercise a day, you should lose about 2lbs a week with that, meaning itll take you 14 weeks or 3 and a half months to lose the 2 stone..

EDIT: 1lb a week weightloss with that, so it would take you 28 weeks to lose the 2 stone. If you ate 6 x 200calorie meals it would be about 2lbs a week weight loss..

ReputationRep:
    Nah it wouldnt really work in that case. Eat 6 small meals of 300 calories each, do 40 minutes of cardio exercise a day, you should lose about 2lbs a week with that, meaning itll take you 14 weeks or 3 and a half months to lose the 2 stone..

I wouldn't wanna lose muscle tone, not that I wanna be a muscly women but I wanna have a well toned body.

Muscly women :eek:

ReputationRep:
    noooooooooooooooooooooooo... i can't be bothered to be hungry for 3 and a half months. i am just going to accept being fat. love your body.

ReputationRep:

EDIT: 1lb a week weightloss with that, so it would take you 28 weeks to lose the 2 stone. If you ate 6 x 200calorie meals it would be about 2lbs a week weight loss..
    by the way, you might have just answered this question, but i'll ask it again anyway. what is cardio exercise? would walking for 1.5 hours have the same effect? does swimming count as cardio?

ReputationRep:
    by the way, you might have just answered this question, but i'll ask it again anyway. what is cardio exercise? would walking for 1.5 hours have the same effect? does swimming count as cardio?
    Yes and yes

ReputationRep:
    Better to do cardio in the morning also, since the body will use fat as its energy (starved of food since you have beeb sleeping)...I think. Also, surely it would be better to do interval training for fat loss rather than prolonged cardio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Better to do cardio in the morning also, since the body will use fat as its energy (starved of food since you have beeb sleeping)...I think. Also, surely it would be better to do interval training for fat loss rather than prolonged cardio?
    The morning thing is under debate, as in the morning youre in quite a catabolic state due to not eating over the night, and doing cardio first thing might just eat even more muscle..

Interval training is more for maintenance, but if you want the best benefits then you should do interval training and prolonged cardio(at the right heartrates)

Ive really given up on giving good advice anymore, I say the same things on every single one of these threads, so now I just tell people what they want to hear

ReputationRep:
    okay.

i have decided to overcome my binge eating problem. for the next 3.5 months i am going to eat only the extremely meagre amount of 800 calories a day and do horribly large amounts of exercise.

this is how much i care about not looking like an american and fighting globalization. i admire myself.

ReputationRep:
    The morning thing is under debate, as in the morning youre in quite a catabolic state due to not eating over the night, and doing cardio first thing might just eat even more muscle..

Interval training is more for maintenance, but if you want the best benefits then you should do interval training and prolonged cardio(at the right heartrates)

Ive really given up on giving good advice anymore, I say the same things on every single one of these threads, so now I just tell people what they want to hear
    !!!!

ah, but you are a source of light in all the darkness of our triple chocolate icecream with caramel and cream and toffee and cookies and obesity

ReputationRep:
    okay.

i have decided to overcome my binge eating problem. for the next 3.5 months i am going to eat only the extremely meagre amount of 800 calories a day and do horribly large amounts of exercise.

this is how much i care about not looking like an american and fighting globalization. i admire myself.
    It wont work, losing fat isnt a short term task, it takes time.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.