Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    Yeah I am going to spend most of my summer in the gym as I want to get fit so I can join lots of sports societies when I get to uni.
    i'm going to do that too! my first choice of halls is right next to the sports centre and swimming pool, so hopefully i'll be able to swim most days (i go about 3 times a wekk at the mo and it's 20 minutes away, i'll ahve no excuse if i have to walk past it)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    how tall are u?
    just under 5'2

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    i love sweets as well
    ill eat anything!
    fruits chocolate vegetables!
    anything easy accesible co i dont wana cook anything! its mad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    just under 5'2

lou xxx
    how tall in meters! im trying to find out how tall i am in feet

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to do that too! my first choice of halls is right next to the sports centre and swimming pool, so hopefully i'll be able to swim most days (i go about 3 times a wekk at the mo and it's 20 minutes away, i'll ahve no excuse if i have to walk past it)

lou xxx
    My uni doesn't have a swimming pool but has a new gym which I am planning to use daily. I used to play pro football though so getting fit again is really important to me....which teams/societies are u planning on joining? I suppose a lot depends on the timetable but I am hoping to do football, basketball and volleyball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    how tall in meters! im trying to find out how tall i am in feet
    sorry no idea and not got time to google it

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    My uni doesn't have a swimming pool but has a new gym which I am planning to use daily. I used to play pro football though so getting fit again is really important to me....which teams/societies are u planning on joining? I suppose a lot depends on the timetable but I am hoping to do football, basketball and volleyball.
    not sure really, i'm not very good at sport, just enjoy it.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    not sure really, i'm not very good at sport, just enjoy it.

lou xxx
    I think that's one of the good things about sport at uni - you can join clubs and societies whether you just want to do it for fun or want to compete at a higher level.

ReputationRep:
    I think 5'2 is about 150cm lou

ReputationRep:
    5'2'' is 157.48cm

ReputationRep:
    i feel big im 5 foot 5 8 and a half wish i was 8
    i was 7 this time last year what happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    i feel big im 5 foot 5 8 and a half wish i was 8
    i was 7 this time last year what happened?
    The junk eating has caught up with you?

ReputationRep:
    I've been losing weight at a good rate over the past month (basically cut out the junk food) - and more exercise - it's definately working 'cause my clothes are getting loose - problem is, over the past 3 days I've been binging because I'm really worried about my physics exam . I don't think I've put very much, but still, I'm paranoid I'm gonna undo all that work.

imasillynarb - Just wanted to say that it's nice that you offer all this advice on dieting/exercise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leda swanson)
    i am currently tucking into a whole tub of icecream which i am just about to finish all by myself. yummy. problem is, during the last month of 'revising' for a-levels i have put on a stone, due to 'revise for 10 minutes eat 2 chocolate cakes' mentality. am i the only one who is going to have to crash diet pre-university?
    no you arent
    i thought id loose weight wen revising but im eating more than ever lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    I've been losing weight at a good rate over the past month (basically cut out the junk food) - and more exercise - it's definately working 'cause my clothes are getting loose - problem is, over the past 3 days I've been binging because I'm really worried about my physics exam . I don't think I've put very much, but still, I'm paranoid I'm gonna undo all that work.

imasillynarb - Just wanted to say that it's nice that you offer all this advice on dieting/exercise
    I wouldnt mind, but I say the same thing in everyone of these 'How to lose weight threads' yet they still keep popping up, cant you just do a search ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I wouldnt mind, but I say the same thing in everyone of these 'How to lose weight threads' yet they still keep popping up, cant you just do a search ?
    Maybe you put your advice in your sig, then just leave a blank post next time someone posts a thread.

Then again, some people want 'interactive' advice - and maybe a lil' bit of sympathy for themselves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    Maybe you put your advice in your sig, then just leave a blank post next time someone posts a thread.

Then again, some people want 'interactive' advice - and maybe a lil' bit of sympathy for themselves?
    Im not gonna make a thread, if people actually wanted to know then theyd do some proper research and ask on other forums which deal with the kind of problem specifically, rather than here

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.