The Student Room Group

Computer Science Uni --- Aid

So I want to do Computer Science at University. Currently My A-level Options are
Maths, Biology,D+T... I decided not to take Further maths because I don't think I could do it.
So my question is since I'm already at a disadvantage would it be better to take Computer Science as my 4th choice, if so should I take it as AS or A2...

Also is 20 days enough to learn Python at A-Level's level.
Thank you for any Advice :smile:
Original post by Kenzar234
So I want to do Computer Science at University. Currently My A-level Options are
Maths, Biology,D+T... I decided not to take Further maths because I don't think I could do it.
So my question is since I'm already at a disadvantage would it be better to take Computer Science as my 4th choice, if so should I take it as AS or A2...

Can you think of another A-level you'd rather do than computing? If not, then sure - take it :smile:

If you can already code then yeah, 20 days is more than enough time. Otherwise, it really depends on how quickly you can pick up new ideas (but I personally think it's doable).
Original post by Kenzar234
I think you should base your strategy on specific courses. Look up courses that are feasible for you to get onto and see what their course specific preferences are. After that choose based on which you think you'd perform best in.

If you worked all day every day, maybe. I would post a thread on this in the computing forum in the hobbies and interests section. Plenty of tech geeks here :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Jooooshy
Can you think of another A-level you'd rather do than computing? If not, then sure - take it :smile:

If you can already code then yeah, 20 days is more than enough time. Otherwise, it really depends on how quickly you can pick up new ideas (but I personally think it's doable).

Well originally I was planning on doing Economics but I realised that this degree is quite competitive, so I was thinking of taking up Comp Science.
I guess I have started to code but at a beginner level.
Thank you for your advice

Quick Reply

Latest