q_alam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys ,
First post here aha ,
I just got a clearing offer from Roehampton to do Psychology.

Unfortunately the university basically told me that all the on site accomodation is booked up and I'll have to sort it out myself .

Anyone else in a similar situation ?
I'm not exactly too sure about specific areas to be looking in, would love to buddy up haha
Petulia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

I just got a place on Clearing too for Biological Sciences. I'm not sure if I'll accept it yet but I think it's my best option.

Do you know anyone currently studying at Roehampton? I don't really know much about the university even though I live in London and just wanted some insight on what everyone thinks of the uni and its location!
q_alam
Rep:
?
Ahh congrats !
I'm so shocked at how many people are going through clearing , this hasn't been a good year lol. But yeah I feel Roehamptons my best option too , still a BBB university

To be honest , no , one of my friends has an offer and isn't sure about accepting . I'm in the same boat , I don't know much about the university or location either , you living at home ? Or you going to apply for accommodation

(Original post by Petulia)
Hi there,

I just got a place on Clearing too for Biological Sciences. I'm not sure if I'll accept it yet but I think it's my best option.

Do you know anyone currently studying at Roehampton? I don't really know much about the university even though I live in London and just wanted some insight on what everyone thinks of the uni and its location!
Petulia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by q_alam)
Ahh congrats !
I'm so shocked at how many people are going through clearing , this hasn't been a good year lol. But yeah I feel Roehamptons my best option too , still a BBB university

To be honest , no , one of my friends has an offer and isn't sure about accepting . I'm in the same boat , I don't know much about the university or location either , you living at home ? Or you going to apply for accommodation
I already live in London (Hounslow/near Heathrow) so I'll be staying at home, and the woman I spoke to on the phone said it's just behind Richmond Park, which I'm familiar with. So I think the location is quite nice and scenic especially for London, which is one main reason why I chose it instead of looking at unis like Middlesex/London Met. I got CDD and no one else was accepting me, so this might be my only choice
q_alam
Rep:
?
Oh fair fair , I'm too far but still want to live out , and yeah I'm in the same boat as you , its also hgher on the tables than london MET/kingston etc , You accepted yet ?

(Original post by Petulia)
I already live in London (Hounslow/near Heathrow) so I'll be staying at home, and the woman I spoke to on the phone said it's just behind Richmond Park, which I'm familiar with. So I think the location is quite nice and scenic especially for London, which is one main reason why I chose it instead of looking at unis like Middlesex/London Met. I got CDD and no one else was accepting me, so this might be my only choice
gjjmcmahon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There were a few people advertising for housemates on the Facebook page: University of Roehampton Freshers 2015 - 2016. You just need to join it and then they'll accept your request, allowing you to post there. I don't think the posts are near the top but one of them was only from last week or the week before. They aren't all freshers, some are returning students that just have rooms to spare, but they seem to be in central locations to the main school beside Froebel. That's a fifteen/twenty minute walk from Whitelands, I'm told, but not unmanageable.
AnimeAvenger
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi guys ,
First post here aha ,
I just got a clearing offer from Roehampton to do Psychology.

Unfortunately the university basically told me that all the on site accomodation is booked up and I'll have to sort it out myself .

Anyone else in a similar situation ?
I'm not exactly too sure about specific areas to be looking in, would love to buddy up haha
Hi! Im in the exact same boat and im really freaking out! Im studying Classical Civilisation and have been looking all morning for off campus accommodation and im not really sure what im looking at to be fair Ive emailed them and they just sent me a website link to accommodations about 2 hours walk away!! Im glad im not the only one, we can team up and look together if youd like xx
q_alam
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjjmcmahon)
There were a few people advertising for housemates on the Facebook page: University of Roehampton Freshers 2015 - 2016. You just need to join it and then they'll accept your request, allowing you to post there. I don't think the posts are near the top but one of them was only from last week or the week before. They aren't all freshers, some are returning students that just have rooms to spare, but they seem to be in central locations to the main school beside Froebel. That's a fifteen/twenty minute walk from Whitelands, I'm told, but not unmanageable.
Oh wow man , thanks a lot ! I'll deffo check that out , are you a current student ?
q_alam
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnimeAvenger)
Hi! Im in the exact same boat and im really freaking out! Im studying Classical Civilisation and have been looking all morning for off campus accommodation and im not really sure what im looking at to be fair Ive emailed them and they just sent me a website link to accommodations about 2 hours walk away!! Im glad im not the only one, we can team up and look together if youd like xx
Haha I'm freaking out like crazy ! We still have like a month though !! Trust me I've looked too and I can't find much , Spring Mews is beautiful but £11,000 a year ?! Sod that haha .

And yeah of course , we can deffo look together , I've noticed some rooms for 1 person will be like £100 a week , but if its 2 house mates I've seen some at £150 a week for both people , so £75 each which is really good for London !
PM me a whatsapp number or facebook profile I can get hold of you on
gjjmcmahon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh wow man , thanks a lot ! I'll deffo check that out , are you a current student ?
Nope. Incoming student but I've a place in halls (Roe was my first choice so I applied in April).
q_alam
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjjmcmahon)
Nope. Incoming student but I've a place in halls (Roe was my first choice so I applied in April).
Oh haha lucky you ! I'm desperately hoping for accommodation on campus but I don't see it happening x_xn
gjjmcmahon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh haha lucky you ! I'm desperately hoping for accommodation on campus but I don't see it happening x_xn
Hope isn't lost just yet. Anyone who hasn't confirmed and paid the deposit by August 21 will have their accommodation given away lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (122)
41.5%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (33)
11.22%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (22)
7.48%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (65)
22.11%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
11.22%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.46%

Watched Threads