Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know were i can get my hands on some OCR past papers for the P3 exam on the 9th .
    Is anyone else struggling?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    is my college the only one which does MEI OCR maths around here!??!?

(you got me worried, i didnt think my p3 was this wednesday)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    is my college the only one which does MEI OCR maths around here!??!?

(you got me worried, i didnt think my p3 was this wednesday)
    I'm on the OCR board, P3 is on Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    I do OCR MEI...i think its one of the hardest boards for maths

ReputationRep:
    i thought the difference between OCR and OCR MEI is that the MEI version skips out stuff present in the OCR exams.....or is it the other way around....someone please enlighten me to the difference!

ReputationRep:
    no idea...but ive got p3 the wednesday after next i think or somewhere around there

ReputationRep:
    yeea that's right...same here...and assume you have m2 this wednesday (or s2 on friday or both)

ReputationRep:
    yep s2 on friday...man i dont like s2 i did p1 too before half term on the monday

ReputationRep:
    relax....just remember the important things. For some reason I always forget that expectation = Mean (except when using a sample of the parent population - then the mean may differ from the expectation)....am i right on that?

ReputationRep:
    ye think so..i get really confused with the continuity correlation thingy watever its called...i never know whether to add 0.5 or take away 0.5

ReputationRep:
    continuity correction factor when modelling discrete on normal distribution.

Just think upper and lower bounds...if you were finding probability of something being of value between 50 and 60, well that's actually 49.5 to 60.5 (because if you got any mark within that range, say, in an exam, your mark would be a whole number between 50 and 60). Of course that's assuming 50 and 60 inclusive....50 to 60 exclusive really means 51 to 59 inclusive. Then you just extend with your upper and lower bounds to 50.5 and 59.5

You just turn it into an inclusive boundary (rather than exclusive) and then make the range bigger by taking 0.5 from the lower one, and adding 0.5 to the upper one

ReputationRep:
    cheers mate..that helped a lot im sorta gettin it now

ReputationRep:
    How much revision have you lot done for P3, im just starting today :confused: .
    Have you got any good links to maths sites with qu's and a's?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam-jones)
    Thanks
    A couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam-jones)
    Thanks
    hardly any, and i got a u in my mock and im told im suppose to be aiming for a a/b grade :eek:

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.