The Student Room Group

Can I go to uni with these grades?

Hello, so I just got my AS results back, and I got CDD in Biology, Physics and Maths.

In maths I got Cs in C1 and C2, but an E in S1, so I'll be resitting that, and hopefully I'll get a C overall.

I got two Bs in the Biology exams, but I got an E in the practical :frown: Is there a way I can re-sit this? Because I talked to my teacher, and she made it seem like the whole class had to resit, too? If I do this, though, then I could probably get a B overrall. So I hope I can!

In physics I got a C in unit 2, and D's in the others, so I'm not sure if I should resit any of this, or just leave it? If I didn't resit, would I be capable of getting at least a C next year? Or is this a total fail? I thought I'd done the best in physics, too, and the worst in Biology! :redface:

Anyway, just wondering if there was anyway I could improve these grades, and if I have a chance of going to uni as it is? And what I should resit?

I can't do another year at college because I'm 20 this year, and I'm deadset on going to uni.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Hello! I've moved this to a different forum now- so you should get more replies :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Save.Me
Hello, so I just got my AS results back, and I got CDD in Biology, Physics and Maths.

In maths I got Cs in C1 and C2, but an E in S1, so I'll be resitting that, and hopefully I'll get a C overall.

I got two Bs in the Biology exams, but I got an E in the practical :frown: Is there a way I can re-sit this? Because I talked to my teacher, and she made it seem like the whole class had to resit, too? If I do this, though, then I could probably get a B overrall. So I hope I can!

In physics I got a C in unit 2, and D's in the others, so I'm not sure if I should resit any of this, or just leave it? If I didn't resit, would I be capable of getting at least a C next year? Or is this a total fail? I thought I'd done the best in physics, too, and the worst in Biology! :redface:

Anyway, just wondering if there was anyway I could improve these grades, and if I have a chance of going to uni as it is? And what I should resit?

I can't do another year at college because I'm 20 this year, and I'm deadset on going to uni.
You do have a chance of going to uni with these grades - but you need to discuss your resit options with your teachers. You certainly don't want to be doing too many as this will pull you away from your A2 work and make it more likely that those grades will disappoint you too.
Reply 4
Original post by Minerva
You do have a chance of going to uni with these grades - but you need to discuss your resit options with your teachers. You certainly don't want to be doing too many as this will pull you away from your A2 work and make it more likely that those grades will disappoint you too.

Thank you for the response!

I know that I didn't achieve as best I could in these exams, either, because I was really ill around the time of the exam, so I think I could do better in resits. I'm trying to aim for BBB next year, or at least BCC. Is this realistic?

Do you think if I get doctors notes, or my doctor to speak, then they'd treat me with more leniency? :frown: My doctor already agreed to write me a letter.
Reply 5
Original post by Save.Me
Thank you for the response!

I know that I didn't achieve as best I could in these exams, either, because I was really ill around the time of the exam, so I think I could do better in resits. I'm trying to aim for BBB next year, or at least BCC. Is this realistic?

Do you think if I get doctors notes, or my doctor to speak, then they'd treat me with more leniency? :frown: My doctor already agreed to write me a letter.
Not at this stage, no. If you continue to be ill enough to affect your studies, you need to discuss this with your teachers. If you apply for and are granted extra marks by the Exam Board, the grades you end up with are what the uni will consider. They won't take extenuating circumstances into account twice. The maximum additional marks allowed by Exam Boards is 5%, I believe, and that only in extreme cases such as the death of a parent or sibling.

As to whether you can improve to BBB or BCC - people have done it, and better, but it's hard work :smile:
Reply 6
Hey I got CDD in my AS year (C- maths, D- Physics, D- Chemistry) this year with retakes I got A- chemistry (retook all AS along with practical) B- maths (retook c1 + c2) and C - physics (retook unit 2) and i managed to get offers from 2 Russell group unis with my CDD grades (although I was predicted BBB) it is possible but a lot of work.
Reply 7
Original post by rt97
Hey I got CDD in my AS year (C- maths, D- Physics, D- Chemistry) this year with retakes I got A- chemistry (retook all AS along with practical) B- maths (retook c1 + c2) and C - physics (retook unit 2) and i managed to get offers from 2 Russell group unis with my CDD grades (although I was predicted BBB) it is possible but a lot of work.

Thank you for the inspiring story! Makes me feel better knowing that it's possible. I know why I did bad this year, so I hope I can work harder next year :smile:
Reply 8
[QUOTE=Save.Me;58724917]Thank you for the inspiring story! Makes me feel better knowing that it's possible. I know why I did bad this year, so I hope I can work harder next year :smile:
You're welcome and good luck! Btw I would recommend you retake c1 and c2 (along with s1) because when you start c3 and c4 they become really easy in comparison and don't take long to revise at all. I got a B in c1 and D in c2 at AS when I retook them got A's in both :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending