The Student Room Group

I got crap AS level results what should I do?

Hi so basically its results day today and i got 3 C's and a D. I have passed all my AS levels and I can enroll for the sevond year to do my A2 and have the opportunity to drop a subject BUT i really hate sixth form and I am disappointed with my grades. I don't want to go Univeryand I was thinking of starting an apprenticesuand now I don't know what to do. Moreover I have a dilemma between these two subjects to drop, one of them i really hate in term sof classroom, people and work (business). An the other one is maths, i hate it and its too much work plus i have to resit this year's maths because i did badly. But maths brings out lots of opportunities. I dont know what to do. I am stressed and depressed now. Please help.

Thanksy
I am Sorry to hear your results did not went well

1) I suppose if like you said you loathe two of your subjects so much, why don't you considering dropping one of them at Year 13 and maybe drop the other one and pick up a new AS and stay an extra year to finish it or finish both AS and A2 in one year. Because if you already hated that subject at AS, IMO you will not enjoy it at A2, as it is even harder.

Although like you said Maths opened up a lot of door, but if you already hate it at end of AS, what is the chance of you working hard at Maths during your A2 and potential retakes.

2) You mention you don't want to go to uni and you want to do an apprenticeship, what kind of career path do you desire to go into? Is a university degree compulsory to get in? Or can you do an apprenticeship?

May I ask what other subjects did you do apart from Business and Maths?

Marvel
Reply 2
I would either redo the year and get a fresh start, or look into apprenticeships.
Reply 3
right im going to tell you I got BEDU last year which were terrible grades. it was the worst feeling in the world and it made me depressed but i picked myself up and i worked hard (really hard) and I ended up with ACC (nearly got b in both subjects but it doesnt matter as i am into uni) you have to work hard and you said you hate a subject drop it it helped me loads I went from getting a u in an ict exam to a b in the resit with nothing but hard work if you got c and 3 d's you can easily turn them around as long as you are prepared to put the hours in all year around :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending