The Student Room Group

I rejected him a year ago but now can't stop thinking about him. Help!?

I've been friends with this guy for years now and a year ago he asked me out. I've never been in a relationship before and was scared so ended up rejecting him ( even though I kinda wanted to say yes). Now, a year later, I find that I can't stop thinking about him, and since we now work at the same place I've been seeing more of him and have developed feelings for him, I don't know if I should ask him out or how to do it.

We're both 18, and in September he'll be coming to the same college as me so I'll probably see even more of him. The other day I asked if he liked anyone in that way but he said no, but I just really need some happiness in my life right now and wondered if I should risk it. I kind of feel like he might like me back but it might just be my imagination running wild XD. He's one of my best friends though and I didn't want to ruin our friendship by making it awkward or anything....

Please help guys, thanks so much:smile:
show him ya tits!
"I kind of feel like he might like me back but it might just be my imagination running wild XD". Well if he asked u out before , obviously.
Ask him to meet up somewhere, like a park. Sit close to him, reach for his hand and hold it, he'll get the message :smile:
Reply 4
If he asked you out before and he says he doesn't like anyone now, you might as well ask him, casually, if he'd like to go out with you sometime.
Then you can back away if clearly he means it just as friends.
Ask him out :smile:
Clearly if he asked you out before he's interested.

Go for it OP!!!
I was with you until you said you 'really need some happiness in your life'. Don't go looking for happiness in the form of boyfriends - it won't work. If you're not happy now, he won't fix that. Don't expect to hand over the responsibility for your own happiness to someone else. I'm not sure if you want to go out with him because you genuinely like him or because you want someone to fix your unhappiness. But if you genuinely like him, ask him out - just make sure you don't depend on anyone else for your own happiness.

Edit: and just because someone asked someone out a year ago (and got rejected) doesn't mean they still want to go out with them. Most people move on when they're rejected. So just for your own sanity, don't expect a 'yes' - but ask otherwise you'll never know.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply