The Student Room Group

Bad AS results

Just got my AS results back and have got a D in Business studies, E in Economics and U in Maths.

I was hoping to go to Uni to study Accounting and Finance, but cannot carry on Maths as you need to pass to take the subject on to A2 at my College.

Not sure what to do :s-smilie: (also I could appeal for a remark of Maths as I was 7/300 UMS off an E, not sure if it will succeed though)
Any help is great, thanks
Original post by TheStudent2001
Just got my AS results back and have got a D in Business studies, E in Economics and U in Maths.

I was hoping to go to Uni to study Accounting and Finance, but cannot carry on Maths as you need to pass to take the subject on to A2 at my College.

Not sure what to do :s-smilie: (also I could appeal for a remark of Maths as I was 7/300 UMS off an E, not sure if it will succeed though)
Any help is great, thanks

have you thought about resitting your year? so taking them all again, or if thats not an option then maybe try apprentiships? speak to your school/college about any advice they can give you
I'd resit the year again...
Original post by Mickeymouseisok
have you thought about resitting your year? so taking them all again, or if thats not an option then maybe try apprentiships? speak to your school/college about any advice they can give you

I've thought about it, but isn't re-sitting the year frowned upon by most Unis?
Reply 4

Maybe just resit the exam?

check university sites to see if they require all exams in one sitting as many don't, i dont know about the frowned upon as they would rather you resit and get better grades i would assume. my friend in year 13 has already resat and today she got her firm for medicine, and she had all 5 offers when he first applied so i guess you should make sure you have a great personal application when applying

if re-sitting isnt for you there is other options you could consider with your teachers help
Original post by Pinker1
Maybe just resit the exam?

I can't resit the Maths exam as I cannot take it onto A2 since I got a U, College rules
Reply 7
I can't resit the Maths exam as I cannot take it onto A2 since I got a U, College rules

Resit it externally

I guess it depends on each individual university but I was under the impression that resitting your A2 year was more frowned upon. Just AS is normally fine. The thing they don't like is when it takes you more than three years to get your A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uni's don't know if you've re-sat the year at all unless you tell them, so it doesn't affect your application.

There are plenty of reasons why an 18 year old would be in year 12 so they can't judge your application on the presumption that you are resitting
7 ums in maths will not go up,
Original post by TheNervousWreck
7 ums in maths will not go up,

That is v true tbh
Okay thanks guys I think I'm going to resit the year *sigh* need to check if my College will let me, chances?

Quick Reply

Latest