The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QM Insurance accommodation

I'm into Queen Mary through insurance, but obviously have no accommodation. I've applied for Cass and Claredale private accommodation, but don't know anything about getting an application in and onto the waiting list for QMUL halls. Any suggestions on where else to apply - I'm not fussy on bathrooms but don't really want to share a bedroom, and the cheaper the better. Will I have somewhere to live?!?!? Any tips/info/help/anecdotes much appreciated, I'm panicking that I'll be living in a tent outside the Geography building.

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm in the same position as you but I haven't applied to any accommodation yet? But I haven't heard from Queen Mary either as to what to do about accommodation but someone I know who has done her first year at Queen Mary has said to look for private accommodation on zoopla and gumtree and to go onto student room in order to find people to share a house/flat with. But, I am definitely sure that you won't end up in a tent!!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
I'm also in the same situation. After the stress of results, I know have to worry about accommodation. I feel as though QMUL doesn't offer enough accommodation. Have any of you guys got an email from QM yet? If none of us get accommodation at the uni, I wouldn't mind if some of us on here find somewhere to live, so if some of you are up for it...
I am also in the same position as all of you and it's really stressing me out! I was thinking of applying to Cass and Claredale just so I have somewhere to stay and don't end up living in a tent for my first year haha :') It's not particularly ideal and I haven't heard the best reviews so I don't want to apply there and not enjoy it. I agree, they really don't have enough accommodation for both firm holders and insurance holders. I've basically accepted the fact that I won't be getting into the uni halls so I am definitely up for sharing a flat with people :smile:
I've received an email from Queen Mary for accommodation and I have submitted an application for halls but I also think I probably won't get in so yes I would also be interested in sharing!
Reply 5
yo guys, same thing here! i applied for accommodation in early may but got a e-mail they didnt hv places at the time -.- Im up for sharing a flat if it comes to tat ^^
Is everyone looking for accommodation closer to Mile End campus? :smile:
Reply 7
I haven't received any emails from QM yet. If I don't get one by today, I'm probably going to ring them up. Yeah looking for one near the Mile End campus
Yes definitely accommodation near the Mile End campus which is easier and would save travel costs 😌
Reply 9
Hi guys, i got an offer through clearing (bit different to your situation), but does everyone here generally think there will be no Queen Mary halls left now?
Reply 10
I think it's luck really. I'm sort of just waiting for them to email me about anything. I also got an email back from their accommodation office - they said this

"Full details on how to apply for halls will be sent to you from the Admissions Office when you have a confirmed “Firm” place a Queen Mary, this may take up to 2 working days to receive. Housing Services cannot supply you with this information because it is automatically generated via the Admissions process.
Applicants holding insurance offers at QMUL will not receive, or be able to apply for halls until after their place is confirmed (which is normally in mid August and usually after A Level results)."

Posted from TSR Mobile
I called up the accommodation services and I asked them what my chances of getting into halls were even though I put QM as my insurance and he said that they were very 'slim'. Essentially he said no I wouldn't be getting accommodation and told me that QM accommodation only manage to house about 1/3 of their students and lots of them go into private accommodation and house share.
So since the chances of getting into halls are 'very slim' is everyone now just going to apply to private accommodation because I'm waiting to hear back from Queen Mary after I've submitted an application for halls and I'm not sure if i should wait or just apply to the private accommodation!? :smile:
Hi, I'm in a similar situation, QM have said it's highly unlikely that I'll be offered a room. I'm not sure how long to wait before committing to private accommodation but would be happy to look for somewhere with people :smile:
I think I'm going to give it until Monday then I'm properly going to look for somewhere to live. My friend and I are looking into a houseshare and are in need of some housemates to help us look for one, so if anyone's interested? :smile:
Reply 15
Hi, yeah I'm in the same position. Accepted it yesterday, just waiting on that email, private accommodation is looking likely. Don't overly mind where it is as long as it's on the same line as Mile End.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I'm going to wait until Monday too. If I don't get anything then, I would definitely be up for sharing with some people
Queen Mary have got back to me about my halls application saying that it is 'very unlikely' I will be able to get in and that I should start looking for alternative accommodation which I will do now. So I'm up for sharing if anyone has any suggestions?? 😀
Reply 18
I've recently received an email from Queen Mary's saying that it is highly unlikely that I will get accommodation in the Halls of Residence. The university was my insurance choice and they do not have enough accommodation in their halls for everyone. I am really interested in entering a flat share, so if anyone is interested in joining up to look for accommodation, then reply or message me. I will be studying Psychology at the Mile End campus. :smile:
Reply 19
Guuuys im in the same boat! no accommodation for me :frown: id definitely be up for house sharing!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending