?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm not too sure where to post this but either way i did awful in my AS Levels
Working at Dist star in ICT BTEC
D Business
E Physics
U Maths Mec

If i continue A levels i will drop maths and continue with ICT,Business
I dont want to take Physics what should i do? Do an AS instead so its ICT,BUSINESS and an AS?
Ro01ro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DanniiBoii)
D Business
E Physics
U Maths Mec

I dont want to take Physics what should i do? Do an AS instead so its ICT,BUSINESS and an AS?
I did awful as well got
U business
D media

now I am wanting to do yr 12 again and this time do ict btec and one A level will uni's accept?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DanniiBoii)
D Business
E Physics
U Maths Mec

Have a look into what you d want to do if you went to uni. You could fast track an a level maybe but an as might be enough for some unis
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ro01ro)
I did awful as well got
U business
D media

now I am wanting to do yr 12 again and this time do ict btec and one A level will uni's accept?
do you mean a btec that is worth 1 a level or 2?
Ro01ro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
do you mean a btec that is worth 1 a level or 2?
A Cambridge national level 3 ICT Btec and repeating one media A level will uni's accept this if i want to do Media and Communications for UNI?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A Cambridge national level 3 ICT Btec and repeating one media A level will uni's accept this if i want to do Media and Communications for UNI?
If you have equivalent to 3 level 3 quals yes but if it means you have equivalent to 2 you could be a little restricted or just be looking at foundation years.
Ro01ro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you have equivalent to 3 level 3 quals yes but if it means you have equivalent to 2 you could be a little restricted or just be looking at foundation years.
Hi I don't quite understand
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
is it a 90 credit btec or an extended certificate?
Ro01ro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How much is a Cambridge National level 3 equivalent to A levels?
Ro01ro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
is it a 90 credit btec or an extended certificate?
How do I find that out?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How do I find that out?
what units have you taken? Seems like you could just have 2 level 3 quals which could be a bit restricting when applying for uni
Ro01ro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what units have you taken? Seems like you could just have 2 level 3 quals which could be a bit restricting when applying for uni
I haven't done any yet I'm resitting the whole year again.

This BTEC is a cambrigde national and is done over two years and has about 43 Units all together?

Does this help?
TheDboyAi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

This BTEC is a cambrigde national and is done over two years and has about 43 Units all together?

Does this help?
So how many units have you done during your AS overall?
Ro01ro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheDboyAi)
So how many units have you done during your AS overall?
I haven't done any units yet as i was doing only two A levels before but I messed up and now am wanting to start this BTEC as a fresh and do my Media studies A level again from the beginning as I got a D
Ro01ro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just want to know is if I do a Cambridge national level 3 ICT would it be equivalent too two A levels and then me doing Media AS and A2 which leaves me with three A levels be enough for me to get into University?
ParadoxSocks
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Does this help?
Did you get one grade for it at the end?
Ro01ro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ParadoxSocks)
Did you get one grade for it at the end?
No this is a new subject that I am wanting to take all together alongside media studies doing it all again...
TheDboyAi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I haven't done any units yet as i was doing only two A levels before but I messed up and now am wanting to start this BTEC as a fresh and do my Media studies A level again from the beginning as I got a D
Ive just looked up what type of i.t course you might be doing, and i think it is a level 3
If it's a level 3 I.T. course, its automatically likey to be a equivalent more towards AS-levels than A-levels( if our only doing it for 1 AS-level year) But you would have to check with your teacher as a Cambridge national seems to be rare as i did a BTEC(QCF) certificate(AS-Level only) in I.T
Ro01ro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheDboyAi)
Ive just looked up what type of i.t course you might be doing, and i think it is a level 3
If it's a level 3 I.T. course, its automatically likey to be a equivalent more towards AS-levels than A-levels( if our only doing it for 1 AS-level year) But you would have to check with your teacher as a Cambridge national seems to be rare as i did a BTEC(QCF) certificate(AS-Level only) in I.T
Yeah I wan't to do a level 3 Cambridge national for IT for two years not one because I will be doing media A level for two years as well alongside it.

Will this mean I will have three A levels in total and will be able to go to University?
ParadoxSocks
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No this is a new subject that I am wanting to take all together alongside media studies doing it all again...
A level 3 cambridge technical will be equivalent to A level but it depends which one you take. You won't study 43 units - you'll do a selection of them over the two years.

There are different versions - certificates, diplomas and extended diplomas. You need to know which one you're studying to know if you're eligible for university. You will need at least the 2 A level equivalent alongside your A level.

Who recommended the C-Tech to you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (35)
15.7%
I'm not sure (8)
3.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (80)
35.87%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.79%
I'm not a current university student (96)
43.05%

Watched Threads