The Student Room Group

Edexcel geography A2 remark

Hello,

I'm looking for advice on which unit to have remarked. I could either send unit 3 contested planet off ( I got 94 ums, grade B) or I could send off unit 4 geographical research ( I got 64 ums, grade A). Overall I have 279 ums points which is one ums point away from a B. Any advice would be grateful! I have already spoken to my teacher briefly but still want more information!

Original post by Geography2
Hello,

I'm looking for advice on which unit to have remarked. I could either send unit 3 contested planet off ( I got 94 ums, grade B) or I could send off unit 4 geographical research ( I got 64 ums, grade A). Overall I have 279 ums points which is one ums point away from a B. Any advice would be grateful! I have already spoken to my teacher briefly but still want more information!

I'd go with your paper 3, as it's more likely to change and go up a couple of marks. It'll depend on your AS modules how many marks you need to gain to get you B :smile:

I'm thinking of getting my Paper 4 remarked, as I got As and A*s in every mock I did but somehow got a C in the exam... I got full marks in my paper 3 so nearly had an A* :frown:
Reply 2
Thank you for replying! I've decided to get the unit 3 remarked! My AS results is what's stopping me but I'm hoping they can find some extra marks as I'm only 2 from an A on unit 3!

Oh no! Sorry to hear that! It's perhaps worth the remark because the grade boundaries are quite tight anyway :smile: if you get it remarked I hope they can find some extra marks for you!! :smile:
Original post by Geography2
Thank you for replying! I've decided to get the unit 3 remarked! My AS results is what's stopping me but I'm hoping they can find some extra marks as I'm only 2 from an A on unit 3!

Oh no! Sorry to hear that! It's perhaps worth the remark because the grade boundaries are quite tight anyway :smile: if you get it remarked I hope they can find some extra marks for you!! :smile:

No worries, well done on your result even if it doesn't go up a grade :smile: That's what I was thinking, and also essay subjects are so subjective than one examiner could think "yeah, that's a C" while another could thing "this is a masterpiece!!!"
Reply 4
Just to let you know I had mine remarked and the grade didn't change!! I'm unbelievably annoyed because it's only one mark! :frown: :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending