The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

A few general questions

Hi, I'm starting at Bath spa doing philosophy this year and I have a few questions.

I'm not sure of my accommodation yet but what is parking like? Is it even worth me bringing my car in general?

What's the internet on campus and in the majority of accommodation?

This may sound a bit odd but is there easily accessible badminton courts?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Callum_123
Hi, I'm starting at Bath spa doing philosophy this year and I have a few questions.

I'm not sure of my accommodation yet but what is parking like? Is it even worth me bringing my car in general?

What's the internet on campus and in the majority of accommodation?

This may sound a bit odd but is there easily accessible badminton courts?

1. https://www.bathspa.ac.uk/regulations/parking-terms-and-conditions

It looks as though you probably wont be eligible for car parking on campus. It says you can apply for a permit, but I have no idea how likely it it for someone to get one.

2. After looking through the accommodation page on their website, it seems like all university accommodation has internet access either through Ethernet or WiFi. It doesn't say anything about speed or anything, so maybe you could ask a current student about that?

3. Not a clue about this, though I doubt that there are any on-campus badminton courts.

Hope this helps :smile:
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 2
Hey Callum,
First year students aren't allowed cars, as the university has to reduce its parking spaces by 2016... however this is not an issue! I graduated this summer (and now work in the Students' Union), and I caught the bus for all 3 years being a student. It's really regular, efficient, and they're creating a new service for this coming year also!

Internet on campus (so also in accommodation on site) is Eduroam, used by most university's in the UK and abroad. Again, when I was in first year I never had any issues with streaming videos or anything! Sometimes it cuts in and out but they're pretty good about sorting it out.

With regards to badminton courts, we don't have any on campus but the badminton society is part of the Atheletic Union. They play regularly at courts in town, so keep an eye out for them at freshers' fair!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending