The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Freshers 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
Offers go out in batches over a number of weeks.

Keep and eye on your application page - the emails sometimes get eaten by spam filters

That's great, thank you very much!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by ckitrom18
Hi everyone, I have been offered a place to study Spanish and Geography at Southampton. Southampton was my socond choice university but I am so glad I'm going to Southampton instead! One question for existing students or anyone who has visited the university, I'm from Manchester and as I will be living very far away from home are there many northerners that study at Southampton?
Thank you for replies

Hi there. Congratulations! I'm going to study Spanish too! My parents are from Manchester but I'm sure you will find lots of people from your area. It's exciting, can't wait to start!
Original post by Sir Jam Jam
Hi. I've got a place to study Spanish & Latin American Studies and applied for accommodation in Glen Eyre. Haven't had any emails about accommodation or from the Uni since I confirmed my unconditional offer. Is this normal????

I've not had anything beyond the congratulatory "You're In!" email. What do you mean "confirmed my unconditional offer"? I didn't think we had to do anything once track said unconditional.

Original post by ja1
Bit apprehensive on spending £80 on a Masterpass ticket

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I don't even like clubbing etc. so it just feels like a waste of money for something I won't use. If they'd had an easygoing one, like I think they did last year, I might have gotten that. I'm suffering major FOMO though, I don't want to be stuck in my room just because everyone else had the Masterpass and went out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LumosNox
I've not had anything beyond the congratulatory "You're In!" email. What do you mean "confirmed my unconditional offer"? I didn't think we had to do anything once track said unconditional.

Same, I don't even like clubbing etc. so it just feels like a waste of money for something I won't use. If they'd had an easygoing one, like I think they did last year, I might have gotten that. I'm suffering major FOMO though, I don't want to be stuck in my room just because everyone else had the Masterpass and went out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, should have made it clearer! My offer was changed and a new unconditional offer was made, dropping one subject, so I had to confirm the new course. Not heard anything since!
Reply 44
I'm doing geo and staying at glen eyre. How many people are getting the master pass for freshers? Doesn't seem worth it to me as each event seems to be under a tenner but don't know if I'm missing something? cheers.
Wahoo! Panic over, I've been offered accommodation at Wessex Lane!
Original post by danidas
I'm doing geo and staying at glen eyre. How many people are getting the master pass for freshers? Doesn't seem worth it to me as each event seems to be under a tenner but don't know if I'm missing something? cheers.

Hi,
Masterpass although is £80,
Freshers ball is £26 and Freshers Fest is £15 so they are why the master pass is the price it is.
It also gives you 10% off in all student union outlets until 31/12/15
Hope this helps
Reply 47
Hi I'm studying Oceanography and have been given halls at mayflower. Is anyone else in Mayflower? Im scared I'll be the only first year!
Reply 48
Original post by HenryGroves
Hi,
Masterpass although is £80,
Freshers ball is £26 and Freshers Fest is £15 so they are why the master pass is the price it is.
It also gives you 10% off in all student union outlets until 31/12/15
Hope this helps

Ok fair enough, I'll look at the events i want to go to and work out what comes out cheaper- cheers.
Hi there. Congratulations! I'm going to study Spanish too! My parents are from Manchester but I'm sure you will find lots of people from your area. It's exciting, can't wait to start!

Congratulations to you too!
Reply 50
Original post by ja1
Bit apprehensive on spending £80 on a Masterpass ticket

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel the same, i feel like there'd be pressure to make the most out of it...
Reply 51

I'm coming from Manchester too, pretty much the only person I know coming from Manc 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nangnang
I got in through adjustment, I just hope they put me somewhere with an ensuite :smile:

Ah yeah, I wanna ensuite too!

What were your results?
Original post by wtfamidoing

What were your results?

Hi im looking to apply to Southampton through adjustment . Could you tell me ASAP if they provide accommodation and they have vacancies or do you have to find it yourself.

What were your results?

A*AB, yours?
Original post by ja1
I'm coming from Manchester too, pretty much the only person I know coming from Manc 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good haha, have to say I'll definitely miss the Manchester accent
Reply 56
Original post by moobag
Hi!

I'm studying English, haven't got my accommodation through yet - I'm just so worried I'm going to be offered something I didn't apply for and can't afford! :eek:

A bit nervous now, seems a bit weird as I've had my place since last year and I'm finally going after my thrilling gap year in retail haha.

Anyone else doing English?!!
X

Not doing English but I did also have a thrilling gap year in retail - two in fact haha so I feel your pain!! Can't wait for uni, still waiting for my accommodation though!
Original post by Nangnang
A*AB, yours?

A*AC 😂
Original post by MrSingh2298
Hi im looking to apply to Southampton through adjustment . Could you tell me ASAP if they provide accommodation and they have vacancies or do you have to find it yourself.

When I was applying for accommodation they gave you five choices. There were about 10 halls stated on their list to choose from. I applied for accommodation a few days ago and still haven't had a reply yet.
When I was applying for accommodation they gave you five choices. There were about 10 halls stated on their list to choose from. I applied for accommodation a few days ago and still haven't had a reply yet.

What !!! Did you apply on results day . How come they have not phoned you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending