The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Freshers 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danidas
I feel the same, i feel like there'd be pressure to make the most out of it...

That's what I'm thinking, too! I'd maybe do 4 of the events so it would seem to be a bit of a waste of money to me.

It also says:

Plus: A range of special events and nights out, which are organised by your Halls Reps

WHAT ELSE DO I GET?

GUARANTEED ENTRY into ALL of the events listed above

A 10% discount across all the Student Union outlets, which include: The Stag’s, The Shop, The Bridge and The Café and is VALID UNTIL 31/12/15

Support from your Halls reps, taking you to and from each event

Our very own fleet of mini buses, providing additional transport to and from the events, with journey prices at £1, and £1.50 return

Your very own personal pass, complete with lanyard and Freshers’ Schedule

What does everyone else think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by MrSingh2298
What !!! Did you apply on results day . How come they have not phoned you ?

I applied on Friday, the day after results day. Don't know.
How will you get accommodation if they don't provide halls for you ?
Original post by darrantdpsexton
Will anybody else be commuting? Would be easier to get to know people before arriving!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I'll be commuting this September- where are you commuting from? I'm from Worthing (near Brighton) and doing Maritime Law LLB. You?
Does anyone know where we find our Student ID number for the welcome website? I can't find it on any of the emails Southampton has sent us? I'm not applying for accommodation by the way, if that makes a difference!
Thanks and congrats everyone!
Original post by IsaacDaughtrey
Does anyone know where we find our Student ID number for the welcome website? I can't find it on any of the emails Southampton has sent us? I'm not applying for accommodation by the way, if that makes a difference!
Thanks and congrats everyone!

Check your junk first, after I phoned them I realised that they sent an email with my student id.
Original post by wtfamidoing
Check your junk first, after I phoned them I realised that they sent an email with my student id.

Just found it, thanks! What course are you doing?
I'm still waiting for my e-mail -.-

I've checked my spam folder too!

Just found it, thanks! What course are you doing?

Mathematics, what about you?
Mathematics, what about you?

Law, (Maritime Law), was Southampton your firm choice? I did Mathematics to AS and couldn't handle it then :colondollar:
Law, (Maritime Law), was Southampton your firm choice? I did Mathematics to AS and couldn't handle it then :colondollar:

Hi, I'm doing Law (LLB) at Soton. What made you pick maritime over standard law? If you don't mind me asking.

Nope, clearing.
Original post by Ocean3
Hi I'm studying Oceanography and have been given halls at mayflower. Is anyone else in Mayflower? Im scared I'll be the only first year!

Hi, doing Oceanography too! Put Mayflower as 3rd or 4th choice. Put Glen Eyre as 1st and 2nd choice, Is that too far from NOC? I figured i'd be getting a bus from wherever i lived so might as well choose one near the SU?

Also the Rugby World Cup starts the weekend we arrive, anyone know if the Stag (i think it is) is reliable for showing the games? Not going to miss any of England's.
Original post by Williscool
Hi, doing Oceanography too! Put Mayflower as 3rd or 4th choice. Put Glen Eyre as 1st and 2nd choice, Is that too far from NOC? I figured i'd be getting a bus from wherever i lived so might as well choose one near the SU?

Also the Rugby World Cup starts the weekend we arrive, anyone know if the Stag (i think it is) is reliable for showing the games? Not going to miss any of England's.

If so I will see you there...
hi , has anyone got a conformation of their accommodation , cause i applied when i firmed southampton and still no conformation as application status is still "submitted" !
Reply 75
[QUOTE=Williscool;58567909]Hi, doing Oceanography too! Put Mayflower as 3rd or 4th choice. Put Glen Eyre as 1st and 2nd choice, Is that too far from NOC? I figured i'd be getting a bus from wherever i lived so might as well choose one near the SU?

Hi awesome I'm glad I found someone else doing onceaography! No I think that sounds pretty perfect because first year is split between highfield and nocs so yeah your right we're gonna be spending our year on a bus!!
Reply 76
Original post by hardyyyyp
hi , has anyone got a conformation of their accommodation , cause i applied when i firmed southampton and still no conformation as application status is still "submitted" !

Hi oh that's odd because mine has been confirmed. I'm sure Its fine because they say it can take up to 4 weeks after results so I'm sure it will be confirmed. If not just send them an email asking.

I've not heard anything either, but I was an insurance applicant. I'm sure it's fine. It might just be that your first choice is quite popular, you can't be sure. You're guaranteed accommodation either way, so I'm sure it'll come through soon. It's not even been a whole week yet since results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will be studying Aeronautics & Astronautics! I've been offered City Gateway halls

Me too😅what are you studying?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending