The Student Room Group

AAAB at AS what now?

Hi,
I found out earlier today that I got AAAB in my AS level (yay!)
I want to do Law at uni, and I know Oxford is probably out of the picture, because of the B.
What are the chances of me getting into one of the other top unis (RG included)?

Cheers
Oxford certainly isn't out of the picture... what makes you think that?
Reply 2
Oxford isn't out of the picture, if you can get good predictions in A2 you can definitely get an offer.
Reply 3
Original post by 雷尼克
Oxford certainly isn't out of the picture... what makes you think that?

my teacher at school said there's no point without 4 A's as I didn't get a certain number of A*'s at GCSE. But, my set of GCSE's was best at my schooll...
but anyways, do you think I have a good chance at getting into the other top unis?
Original post by vis break
my teacher at school said there's no point without 4 A's as I didn't get a certain number of A*'s at GCSE. But, my set of GCSE's was best at my schooll...
but anyways, do you think I have a good chance at getting into the other top unis?

You might as well apply to Oxford... plenty of applicants go in without 8-12 A*s

tbh, forget about Oxford. They don't like the sight of anything below A*/A.

I'm sorry it may sound a bit harsh, but I'm being straight to the point. It's reality.
What are your UMS scores like? You could apply to Cambridge if they're 92%+ in the three A's and you'd have a great chance
Hi,
I found out earlier today that I got AAAB in my AS level (yay!)
I want to do Law at uni, and I know Oxford is probably out of the picture, because of the B.
What are the chances of me getting into one of the other top unis (RG included)?

Cheers

maybe try a remark or possibly consider a resit even?
Reply 8
Original post by TSR-addict
tbh, forget about Oxford. They don't like the sight of anything below A*/A.

I'm sorry it may sound a bit harsh, but I'm being straight to the point. It's reality.

tbh im not really fussed about oxford, was more interested in the other top unis but looks like its all peach for me :smile:
tbh im not really fussed about oxford, was more interested in the other top unis but looks like its all peach for me :smile:

Other top unis should be fine with those grades, what matters is your predictions and you actual outcome... with 3 As you should be able to get A*AA depending on your UMS.

Quick Reply

Latest