The Student Room Group

WJEC As Psychology results HELP

So I've got an E in my As psychology I was predicted a B but got an E im alright with this I'll just resit however In PY1 I scored a low score of 29 and consequently got a U and I know a lot of other intelligent people who's grade suffered on PY1 and on PY2 I got what I would've thought to be a highish score of 65 and that's a D . I really can't understand where I went wrong and I felt confident enough that I'd get a D overall . My other grades were a B in English and a B in history which are two subjects that are regarded widely as harder subjects . If anyone has taken this exam in the past or have had the same problem as me please comment . It was also interesting to look back on the 2013 grade boundaries where 29 would've got me a D and 65 an A.
Original post by MattyT123
So I've got an E in my As psychology I was predicted a B but got an E im alright with this I'll just resit however In PY1 I scored a low score of 29 and consequently got a U and I know a lot of other intelligent people who's grade suffered on PY1 and on PY2 I got what I would've thought to be a highish score of 65 and that's a D . I really can't understand where I went wrong and I felt confident enough that I'd get a D overall . My other grades were a B in English and a B in history which are two subjects that are regarded widely as harder subjects . If anyone has taken this exam in the past or have had the same problem as me please comment . It was also interesting to look back on the 2013 grade boundaries where 29 would've got me a D and 65 an A.

You could request a copy of your script back and get your teachers to have a look at where you went wrong? This may help you for next year? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
You could request a copy of your script back and get your teachers to have a look at where you went wrong? This may help you for next year? :smile:

Yer was thinking that but I'd have to pay for that request back and I'd rather just look at examples that have done well and know how to go right.I still feel what I did was good enough to Merit a D overall and I did put effort into revising all of my As levels apart from economics due to the lack of interest and relationship with the teachers and everything has reflected my work , B in history which was predicted C/D and a B in English predicted C/B an E in Economics predicted a D and E in Psychology predicted a B . Everything else makes sense bar the Psychology .And my friend was predicted an A and got a U in pY1 which doesn't seem right at all
Was WJEC really harsh this year? I read a Guardian article the other day saying exam boards have recruited people that don't necessarily see the art in student responses and so are much more vigorous when marking etc. Therefore if you expanded answers with knowledge not on the marking scheme you may not have been credited. They also get piece rates......And get paid WAY more for re-marked papers so my suspicion is exam boards are so corrupt and don't fully understand how damaging it is to each individual. I put so much hard work into PY 1 and 2 and I am so confused how I got a D! It may be an examiner going through things fast or whatever...I think spending money to get the script and remark is worth it tbh

Quick Reply

Latest