The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

London Met Uni Freshers 2015

Big congratulations if you're coming to London Met Uni this year!!

This thread is the best place for you all to start meeting and chatting with one another before you all begin your incredible uni years!

Scroll to see replies

Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
After checking everyday for weeks, my welcome schedule is finally online! Can't wait. 44 years old and as excited as anything. FWIW I'm starting the Social Sciences and Humanities Extended Degree.
Original post by CRM1970
After checking everyday for weeks, my welcome schedule is finally online! Can't wait. 44 years old and as excited as anything. FWIW I'm starting the Social Sciences and Humanities Extended Degree.

Great stuff, and lovely to see you're excited to start!

I'm just coming to the end of my course (dissertation due on September 7th *gulp*) and I really enjoyed it - I also came back to education after a bit of a gap and, if your experience is anything like mine, I'm sure you'll love it.

All the best,
Simon
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by London Metropolitan University
Great stuff, and lovely to see excited to start!

I'm just coming to the end of my course (dissertation due on September 7th *gulp*) and I really enjoyed it - I also came back to education after a bit of a gap and, if your experience is anything like mine, I'm sure you'll love it.

All the best,
Simon

Many thanks Simon, and good luck with that dissertation!
Reply 6
I wanted to get everything sorted out first, before I introduced myself as a first year student for Illustration.
So, hello all~

I'm SO excited, but also so nervous! I would also like to say thanks to the rep who gave some tips on what would probably show up in that English entry test. It helped out a lot.
Original post by chiharu
I wanted to get everything sorted out first, before I introduced myself as a first year student for Illustration.
So, hello all~

I'm SO excited, but also so nervous! I would also like to say thanks to the rep who gave some tips on what would probably show up in that English entry test. It helped out a lot.

Amazing news, congratulations! Glad you aced the test and really chuffed for you. Remember, there are lots of student services - so if you're nervous or worried about anything in particular the uni is there to help. Or just get in touch with me if you need anything and I'll point you in the right direction.

Congrats, again!

Kind regards,
Simon
Hi
I'm starting the science extended degree in September, does anyone know how I find out my timetable as online only the welcome schedule is available. I need my timetable so I can work out what train ticket to get as I will be commuting.
Original post by Dream-on-96
Hi
I'm starting the science extended degree in September, does anyone know how I find out my timetable as online only the welcome schedule is available. I need my timetable so I can work out what train ticket to get as I will be commuting.

Hi!

If I have the right degree, your potential modules are listed here:
http://intranet.londonmet.ac.uk/course-catalogue/course-specifications/2015-16/UESCIENC/BSc-Sciences-Extended-Degree---%28Biology-Chemistry-Health-Psychology%29/ so your timetable will depend on which combination you end up taking. (If that's not your degree, you should to be able to find yours by using the course catalog search link on the page)

Unfortunately you might have to just wait and see at the moment! I'm going to be commuting in too, but I've decided to buy monthly travelcards so that I can go in on my 'off' days to use the library and suchlike. That might work out better for you, too, depending on where you're commuting from and how many days you're going to be in.
Hi

Original post by Leksaa
Hi!

If I have the right degree, your potential modules are listed here:
http://intranet.londonmet.ac.uk/course-catalogue/course-specifications/2015-16/UESCIENC/BSc-Sciences-Extended-Degree---%28Biology-Chemistry-Health-Psychology%29/ so your timetable will depend on which combination you end up taking. (If that's not your degree, you should to be able to find yours by using the course catalog search link on the page)

Unfortunately you might have to just wait and see at the moment! I'm going to be commuting in too, but I've decided to buy monthly travelcards so that I can go in on my 'off' days to use the library and suchlike. That might work out better for you, too, depending on where you're commuting from and how many days you're going to be in.

Hello both, Leksaa is right and that link should give you an idea of how the course is likely to be structured. You'll get a more detailed personal timetable (which you can access through Evision) at the beginning of term.

You may already know this, but I'll mention it anyway, just in case: as London students you will be eligible for student Oyster cards which will give you a 30% discount, so it might be worth waiting until you've sorted this out before paying for any travel cards. There's more information about this on the TFL website.

Hope that was useful,

Kind regards,
Simon
(edited 8 years ago)
dont expect too much from this uni, it's a mess. If this is your first year, you're gonna get lost trying to find your classes. red zones and green zones and yellow zones, all bull**** zones. The rocket is the best thing the uni's got going because of the pool tables. They fired a bunch of staff members, hope and pray you aren't taking biology because get ready to deal with the most boring bio teacher in the universe. and he wears the gayest ponytail ever. But yeah good luck suckers
Reply 12
Original post by BaxChris
dont expect too much from this uni, it's a mess. If this is your first year, you're gonna get lost trying to find your classes. red zones and green zones and yellow zones, all bull**** zones. The rocket is the best thing the uni's got going because of the pool tables. They fired a bunch of staff members, hope and pray you aren't taking biology because get ready to deal with the most boring bio teacher in the universe. and he wears the gayest ponytail ever. But yeah good luck suckers

So to summarise; you got lost in a building, played a lot of pool, and had an unrequited crush on your biology teacher. Cool story bro. :borat:
Original post by CRM1970
So to summarise; you got lost in a building, played a lot of pool, and had an unrequited crush on your biology teacher. Cool story bro. :borat:

I dare you to say that to my face though
Reply 14
Yo bro. I'm to dumb to get into uni.💔💔💔
Reply 15
Original post by BaxChris
I dare you to say that to my face though

😂😂😂😂😂
Original post by Marley109
Hey Freshers of London Met 2015,

I'm probably joining Business (extended degree) in January 2016, peeps who are freshers and some who maybe in my classes give a shoutout to me, hope to see you all there soon.

Im probably going to do the extended business management degree in 2016 too! Pretty scared to heard things bout this uni dont know if its good or not snd what to expect at all.
Original post by Ryanhiga10
Im probably going to do the extended business management degree in 2016 too! Pretty scared to heard things bout this uni dont know if its good or not snd what to expect at all.

Hi both,

I am currently in my final year of London doing event management and pr. The University itself is a great institution, full of a lot of different opportunities that some universities may not have. The teachers are all really helpful, if you want the help they will be really supportive so do not worry about that.

If you have any questions you'd like to ask about my experience here then feel free. If not, best of luck with your studying! You're going to have an amazing few years.

Kind Regards,
Kyle
If you go there youll get mocked by every single university in the country, its actually the worst one that exists legally
Hi

Hiya just saw your post wanted to know how your finding the course as I will be starting my science extended degree in Feb 2016?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending