S.Ahmad
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,

So basically I received my AS level results earlier in the day and since then have been pretty distraught to say the least. My expected grades were in the range of AABB to AAAB, and I ended up getting ABBC, Geography, Chemistry, Physics and Biology respectively. I have no idea how I managed to get a C in Biology considering I knew the content inside out, so I'm definitely questioning a remark for Biology, along with Chemistry as I feel the same. I plan on dropping Physics, and most likely will resit a module to obtain an A overall next year.

The question is, am I competitive enough still to apply to do Medicine, at Russell Group Universities (providing my references, personal statement, interview, UKCAT are all up to a good standard)?

Thanks for your help!
WhoDaresWins
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by S.Ahmad)
Hello,

So basically I received my AS level results earlier in the day and since then have been pretty distraught to say the least. My expected grades were in the range of AABB to AAAB, and I ended up getting ABBC, Geography, Chemistry, Physics and Biology respectively. I have no idea how I managed to get a C in Biology considering I knew the content inside out, so I'm definitely questioning a remark for Biology, along with Chemistry as I feel the same. I plan on dropping Physics, and most likely will resit a module to obtain an A overall next year.

The question is, am I competitive enough still to apply to do Medicine, at Russell Group Universities (providing my references, personal statement, interview, UKCAT are all up to a good standard)?

Thanks for your help!
Man I got BBCCC absolutely gutted was expecting AAABB...
S.Ahmad
Rep:
?
(Original post by WhoDaresWins)
Man I got BBCCC absolutely gutted was expecting AAABB...
I'm exactly in the same boat mate, absolutely no idea what happened - it just seems strange I have such a diverse range of grades for individual grades, from straight As to Cs in Biology and Chemistry, both of which I excel in.

All the best though, wish you luck -what are you planning on doing?
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm exactly in the same boat mate, absolutely no idea what happened - it just seems strange I have such a diverse range of grades for individual grades, from straight As to Cs in Biology and Chemistry, both of which I excel in.

Lol I wanted to do Medicine too, but life may have other plans for me...
I might apply next year instead. I am going to resit some AS Modules to boost it up to AAAAC.
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Did you do AQA Physics?
Physics was the most horrible subject I have ever done, it's so difficult to understand and the mechanics in Unit 2 are ridiculous!
S.Ahmad
Rep:
?
(Original post by WhoDaresWins)
Did you do AQA Physics?
Physics was the most horrible subject I have ever done, it's so difficult to understand and the mechanics in Unit 2 are ridiculous!
Hopefully the issue is with the marking and I may be able to get AABB - AAAB, but if I not, I'll have to resit certain modules until I get those at AS level. I did Edexcel Physics, ballsed up Unit 1 in which I got a C in, then AA (Unit 2 + CA).
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hopefully the issue is with the marking and I may be able to get AABB - AAAB, but if I not, I'll have to resit certain modules until I get those at AS level. I did Edexcel Physics, ballsed up Unit 1 in which I got a C in, then AA (Unit 2 + CA).
Im going to resit physics unit 2 (Maybe 1)
Chemistry unit 1+2
Maths C1
Biology unit 2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (98)
27.76%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (135)
38.24%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.12%

Watched Threads