Green Belt- Urbanisation in MEDCs

Watch
JohnLE
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys i need some help with this exam question its for three marks.

Q) How has the green belt reduced the pace of urbanisation in MEDCs (3)?

Im not sure what a green belt is or how its reduced the pace of urbanisation in MEDCs.
brimstone131
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
ok so your greenbelt land is the area of land around a town or city, where building is restricted, hence it is green (forests, fields etc.... this can be seen on the 'burgess model', which divy's up the land use in a city. An example of this would be London, where (generally speaking) the city is contained by the M25, and large industry stops, leading to fields and open spaces.

it has reduced the pace of urbanisation because planners who wish to develop new industry are often unable to build on the green belt, and instead have to re-develop derelict sites, which takes lots of money and time.

obviously you will need to elaborate on that
JohnLE
Rep:
(Original post by brimstone131)
ok so your greenbelt land is the area of land around a town or city, where building is restricted, hence it is green (forests, fields etc.... this can be seen on the 'burgess model', which divy's up the land use in a city. An example of this would be London, where (generally speaking) the city is contained by the M25, and large industry stops, leading to fields and open spaces.

it has reduced the pace of urbanisation because planners who wish to develop new industry are often unable to build on the green belt, and instead have to re-develop derelict sites, which takes lots of money and time.
ok thanks for the help and summing it up quickly. this is what i wrote ( i will add in your points too):

less people are choosing to ive in the city as the greenbelt doesnt allow u to build on certian parts of land. so beuase land is cheaper and you can build there peole choose to live in rural areas and not move to the city.
JohnLE
Rep:

obviously you will need to elaborate on that
i take it the pos rep means my answer is good?
brimstone131
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JohnLE)
i take it the pos rep means my answer is good?
Yep, just include some of the info from me, and maybe include an example of your own? and that 'should' be 3/3
JohnLE
Rep:
Yep, just include some of the info from me, and maybe include an example of your own? and that 'should' be 3/3
i added your last part and my own which i showed u but not an example, do u think i could still get 3 marks?
brimstone131
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
yeah probably.... it's been a while since i did gcse, but if youve been taught to, then include somehing. if not, no need.
JohnLE
Rep:
yeah probably.... it's been a while since i did gcse, but if youve been taught to, then include somehing. if not, no need.
ill add one even though it dont say in the question.
also one last thing on a different question, it asked why do people move from towns n cities to the countryide for 6 marks im sure about 5 marks but thing one last point im not sure about i wrote this: people tend to move when they retire. is that ok?
brimstone131
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
yes, thats mainly the reason.... also as country's become more and more developed, they start de-industrialising, hence DE-URBANISATION TAKES PLACE and as a result, the richer you are, the more money you can spend on a house in the leafy suburbs.... eg barnes, twickenham and Richmond in london (very affluent areas, lots of green, quite close to central ldn)
JohnLE
Rep:
yes, thats mainly the reason.... also as country's become more and more developed, they start de-industrialising, hence DE-URBANISATION TAKES PLACE and as a result, the richer you are, the more money you can spend on a house in the leafy suburbs.... eg barnes, twickenham and Richmond in london (very affluent areas, lots of green, quite close to central ldn)
thank u very much for your help, geog is deffo one of my strong subjects (predcited A hoping for A*) just that first q got me a bit confused.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed