The Student Room Group

Declining my firm and reapplying for Oxbridge next year?

So results day came around, and I got the biggest shock of my life to see that I'd gotten 3 A*s. I can honestly say I was positive I'd gotten AAB or lower, so to see those results on the slip of paper was incredible, especially considering my attendance at school has never been above 70% because of health issues.

With my predicted grades (A*AB) I'd applied to five great unis, and ended up firming Bath for Politics and IR. However. I don't know whether to decline this and reapply for PPE at Oxford/HSPS at Cambridge for 2016 entry. Any advice?
Can you not go through adjustment for this year?
Original post by nickcoleman
Can you not go through adjustment for this year?

Ah I didn't think/wasn't aware that Oxford & Cambridge did Adjustment due to their interview process, because they don't enter Clearing either.
My mistake - you're absolutely right!
Original post by slightlyhomeless
bump

Are you doing this for the course or just because it's Oxford? Surely you chose your current universities you applied to for a reason?

What will you do for the next year?
Original post by Artfanatic
Are you doing this for the course or just because it's Oxford? Surely you chose your current universities you applied to for a reason?

What will you do for the next year?

It's a bit of both, to be honest. The courses at both Oxford and Cambridge are equally as great and to my taste as the five unis I applied to last year, all of which I felt like I was settling for. (I feel grossly pretentious and pompous saying that!) It's always been the dream to get in to either, but after my health deteriorated a few years ago and then after receiving my AS grades (AACD) I didn't think I was in with the slightest chance and didn't bother looking into it or even sparing a glance.

For the next year, I was planning on working part-time and also doing a placement in the Commons where a family friend works.

Quick Reply

Latest