The Student Room Group

Should I get some papers remarked?

So I've just got my AS levels back and they are all good apart from History that I got a B in!

So I got 86 in unit 1 and 70 in unit 2 giving me 156 UMS. I need 160 UMS for an A.
Is it possible to resit unit 2?
Is it worth a remark?

Thoughts please... :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Idomaths
So I got 86 in unit 1 and 70 in unit 2 giving me 156 UMS. I need 160 UMS for an A.
Is it possible to resit unit 2?

Yes.

Have a look at how many raw marks you need to go from 70 to 74 on that unit.
Consider getting your script back to see what your teacher thinks of the marking.
As in the previous comment, it might be good to get your script back to see what your teacher thinks. They will be the best person to advise you about this kind of thing. Plus, if you do decide to resit in the end, having your previous script can be very useful as it'll allow you to learn from, and become more aware of, your previous mistakes.
Reply 3
Original post by Dougieowner
As in the previous comment, it might be good to get your script back to see what your teacher thinks. They will be the best person to advise you about this kind of thing. Plus, if you do decide to resit in the end, having your previous script can be very useful as it'll allow you to learn from, and become more aware of, your previous mistakes.

Is it worth the money?
Original post by Idomaths
Is it worth the money?

I've never had a script sent back, so I couldn't really say. But if you think you can improve, resitting/remarking is always a good option (and I know with remarks that if the marks go up, you get your money back).

Quick Reply

Latest