The Student Room Group

AQA lost one of my exam papers

Has this happened to anyone else ? what happened? I missed out on my uni offer by one mark, but as it turns out in that subject my grade was lower as I hadn't been given the marks for one of the modules, as it somehow disappeared.... Currently waiting to hear back from AQA to see if they've found it but don't know what will happen if they don't. Will they just use my predicted grade? I've contacted my university and they're holding my place for two weeks for an outcome but i'm panicking. Help!
Reply 1
Original post by steph_b96
Has this happened to anyone else ? what happened? I missed out on my uni offer by one mark, but as it turns out in that subject my grade was lower as I hadn't been given the marks for one of the modules, as it somehow disappeared.... Currently waiting to hear back from AQA to see if they've found it but don't know what will happen if they don't. Will they just use my predicted grade? I've contacted my university and they're holding my place for two weeks for an outcome but i'm panicking. Help!

Are you missing marks for a whole unit? How do you know it's because the paper is lost and it's not just a question of the mark somehow being missed? Normally the school is nagged senseless in July if the exam board can't find a paper in order to mark it in the hopes that the centre has it. Do you know if this happened>
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
Are you missing marks for a whole unit? How do you know it's because the paper is lost and it's not just a question of the mark somehow being missed? Normally the school is nagged senseless in July if the exam board can't find a paper in order to mark it in the hopes that the centre has it. Do you know if this happened>

I'm missing marks for one paper (BUSS3) and I have the marks for the other three modules in that subject. My school definitely sent it off as they have proof, so my paper has been lost somewhere between the examiner marking it and the examination board receiving it! There is no paper and so no mark anywhere :s-smilie:
Reply 3

This has happened to me!!!!! So ridiculous, they've lost my buss4 paper and only let the school know the thursday before results day! I have A B A in the other units and come out with a D. My exams officer is constantly on to them and they'll either find the paper or if not my business teacher won't settle for less than an A overall and is close to taking legal action lol. And the university won't accept my place because I don't meet the requirements :frown:
Reply 4
HI, This has also happened to my son - AQA lost one of his classics papers which was a re-take (found out yesterday) - they have awarded him last year's mark!! He improved on his other Classics paper by 30 plus marks which is now a B - he has been awarded a D on the lost paper which moves his overall mark to a C. I am furious that they awarded last year's grade when he has obviously improved in the subject overall. They will only deal with the Exam Officer at AQA not myself. Awaiting to hear today!! I don't know how long this will drag on for....
Reply 5
Original post by ktkktk
HI, This has also happened to my son - AQA lost one of his classics papers which was a re-take (found out yesterday) - they have awarded him last year's mark!! He improved on his other Classics paper by 30 plus marks which is now a B - he has been awarded a D on the lost paper which moves his overall mark to a C. I am furious that they awarded last year's grade when he has obviously improved in the subject overall. They will only deal with the Exam Officer at AQA not myself. Awaiting to hear today!! I don't know how long this will drag on for....

Oh my goodness i'm sorry, that sounds so stressful but exactly what happened to me! I hope things get sorted out soon! I've heard back from the exam team at my school (as they called AQA again this morning) turns out my paper has been found and they have my mark but they can't legally give it out over the phone or email - so I have to wait until the system updates for my school and they will send me an email (hopefully this afternoon).

Is there a certain team of people at your sons school that deal with exams ? The main person at mine rang AQA and it was dealt with almost immediately!
Reply 6
Finally got my paper back - I got an A! my overall grade has moved up to a B :excited: i'm off to uni!
Finally got my paper back - I got an A! my overall grade has moved up to a B :excited: i'm off to uni!

I'm very happy for you congratulations! AQA are a joke.
Reply 8
Original post by DaringDaniel
I'm very happy for you congratulations! AQA are a joke.

thank you so much! they really, really are - so glad i'll never have to deal with them again

Quick Reply

Latest