The Student Room Group

Shall I request for a remark or not? What would YOU do?

I got a B grade at As level for History Edexcel. I was two marks away on EACH paper from an A, so four altogether across both papers. Should I remark?
If I were in your position, I would go for it, if you have the money and you're aware of the possibility of your marks being lowered (being so close to the boundary though, I think dropping a grade overall would fairly unlikely). Just my opinion though - please decide for yourself and don't do it purely because I have said I would. :smile:
It could go down if you request a remark... You can always recoup the marks in A2. However if you feel strongly your papers were worthy of an A grade go for it :smile:
Hi,

Remarking is an option but your teachers will be able to give you more accurate advice because they know what you're capable of. Do you think you should have got higher marks? Compare what you got in the actual exam to the practice ones you did, and if the exam looks lower than expected, you could consider it.

However, remarks can potentially go down and since you've already got high B's, it could be a risk and you could instead try to get extra marks at A2 instead. I know for English Literature AS I was a few marks away from an A (I got something like 154/200 and it was 160 for an A) but my teacher advised against the remark. Instead I decided to resit and today I came out with an A* for the overall A Level and I think resitting the exam was the better option. But someone with a better knowledge of the History course might be able to give better advice, I'm just going from what I've experienced in another essay subject.

- Jack

Quick Reply

Latest