pomma
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
i failed two AS levels can i still get into a decent uni? im retaking one and dropping the other so next year i will be 3 A2 subjects, was wondering if i can study politics anywhere decent like royal holloway or somewhere?
thefreakoffreaks
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pomma)
i failed two AS levels can i still get into a decent uni? im retaking one and dropping the other so next year i will be 3 A2 subjects, was wondering if i can study politics anywhere decent like royal holloway or somewhere?
depends what you mean by fail? as in U?
pomma
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by thefreakoffreaks)
depends what you mean by fail? as in U?
yes i got BDUU
HornDirndlFest
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At least you didn't get UU...UU, like me. I'm going to have to repeat the year if I can find an exam centre who'll let me as a private candidate. I have to go the head of 6th form tomorrow to plead with her
Katieeaton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im in the same boat as you i got C - General studies, D - English Literature, E - ICT, U - Psychology
Im retaking ICT as i got an A in the coursework for it so hopefully if i retake the subject I will get a better overall grade.
llacerta
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Really depends on your predictions, personal statement and references. If you're predicted something that matches (or is at least very close to) what they usually ask for for a course, then you still might have a decent chance of a place. Otherwise it might be a bit tricky.
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pomma)
Hello,

To add to what has been already said on this thread, if you retake and your new grades are predicted to be ABB, which is our current offer for Politics and International Relations, then you stand a chance of getting an offer. At Royal Holloway, we do not take retakes into consideration when an applicant is applying - so as long as you get your grades up, can be predicted and then achieve our grade requirements for the next cycle, and the rest of your application is strong, then you do not need to let a couple of failed exams worry your chances of going to university. I know of many people who achieved Us, worked hard and then got their grades up to a B or even an A after a retake. It's definitely possible!

Good luck in the forthcoming year and with your retakes,

Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads