The Student Room Group

I got EDCU, would it be better for me to resit the year?

I've seen a lot of people who have decided to resit the year with better grades than me, would it be better for me to resit the year or could I cope with an EDC and hopefully boost it up to a BBC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oscar.
I've seen a lot of people who have decided to resit the year with better grades than me, would it be better for me to resit the year or could I cope with an EDC and hopefully boost it up to a BBC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Talk to your teachers about your options. Whether or not you should resit is an extremely personal situation, and you should consider it carefully and weigh it up against other options like continuing on to A2 (if you'd be allowed) with the low AS marks, or look to move onto further education or an apprenticeship.
Reply 2
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Talk to your teachers about your options. Whether or not you should resit is an extremely personal situation, and you should consider it carefully and weigh it up against other options like continuing on to A2 (if you'd be allowed) with the low AS marks, or look to move onto further education or an apprenticeship.

I want to go to uni and do film production and i kind of decided that's what I wanted to do half way through year 12 so I'm thinking what if I resit the year with subjects which battery suit my preferred university course. Also I'm sure I don't want to do an apprenticeship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oscar.
I want to go to uni and do film production and i kind of decided that's what I wanted to do half way through year 12 so I'm thinking what if I resit the year with subjects which battery suit my preferred university course. Also I'm sure I don't want to do an apprenticeship

Posted from TSR Mobile

So that's cool, film production is a really vocational degree so further education colleges might be a good place to look for things like BTEC-3s or HNDs as an entry point to university.

Resitting the year is also an option, however, and you could totally do that too. Like I said, I think the best option is to discuss it with your teachers. They'll be able to help you figure out what it is you want, and then which is the best option for pursuing your film degree.
Reply 4
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
So that's cool, film production is a really vocational degree so further education colleges might be a good place to look for things like BTEC-3s or HNDs as an entry point to university.

Resitting the year is also an option, however, and you could totally do that too. Like I said, I think the best option is to discuss it with your teachers. They'll be able to help you figure out what it is you want, and then which is the best option for pursuing your film degree.

I'm not sure how to discuss it with my teachers since its the summer holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest