sabahk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hi ..everyone... i am new to this and i need urgent help can you please help me out with this .....basically i got my AS level results today and i am really disappointed with the biology (ocr) results i worked so hard but its so unbelievable to me that i got a c overall.... i got 202 points in total and got a with 53 points in courseworks got d with 88 points for f212 and got c with 61 points ................... and b is 210 points so that means i need 8 more points .......... i was expecting A but even if i get B atleast thats better than C .............so do u think i should get it remarked or should i redo or just leave it as it is ................i am so cofused and i need urgent help
sabahk
Rep:
?
Can someone help plz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sabahk)
hi ..everyone... i am new to this and i need urgent help can you please help me out with this .....basically i got my AS level results today and i am really disappointed with the biology (ocr) results i worked so hard but its so unbelievable to me that i got a c overall.... i got 202 points in total and got a with 53 points in courseworks got d with 88 points for f212 and got c with 61 points ................... and b is 210 points so that means i need 8 more points .......... i was expecting A but even if i get B atleast thats better than C .............so do u think i should get it remarked or should i redo or just leave it as it is ................i am so cofused and i need urgent help
I'd get priority scripts back for both F211 and F212 and show them to your teachers. They might think that the marking is poor and they are worth re-marking in which case do that, but if they don't then you can learn from the mistakes you made when you re-sit next year.
InkedPage
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would definitely ask for the scripts back at least and speak seriously with your teachers and tutors to see what they advise.
I'm also deciding if I should ask for a remark or something as in AS English Lit and Lang (AQA) I got high As (over 90%) so was predicted A*/A for A2 but I came away with a B.
My coursework, which my teacher told me would be an A, came back as a B and my exam was a C. I am 3 UMS (so like one or two raw marks) away from an A. Both my teacher and tutor agree this isn't what they expected.
However, I've got my uni place so really is it worth the hassle?
sabahk
Rep:
?
I personally think if you got your uni place then you shouldn't bother about it but if it's for your own satisfaction and you don't feel happy then go for it but I would not recommend it unless it could create a problem in your uni course or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
sabahk
Rep:
?
And thank you guys for help btw how many raw marks do you think that is? My results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
sabahk
Rep:
?
What's a priority script ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What's a priority script ?
You can pay about £11 to get a copy of your marked script back so that your teachers can see if they think the marking is dodgy and worth a re-mark.
sabahk
Rep:
?
Do they give you a mark scheme aswell ... If you ask for one ... Or when you ask for a script

Posted from TSR Mobile
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do they give you a mark scheme aswell ... If you ask for one ... Or when you ask for a scripte
Your school has access to all the mark schemes.
sabahk
Rep:
?
I've asked for a script today ... How long do you think it will take

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.1%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.75%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
27.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.03%

Watched Threads