hp707
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, I recieved my A-Level results today and didn't too well, but as expected. (CCD) I have an offer from Keele for History with a foundation year bc of my bad results. I'm a bit miffed as I know I can do better, I was stupidly lazy during exam time. Im not sure whether to take the year off and do loads of retakes or do a couple during Uni to bring it up a bit. Is it possible to retake a few modules while at university, during my social sciences year as an external candidate at some centre? And do employers look down upon those that retake a levels after the 2 years? Basically i'm worried about how my poor A Levels may come back to haunt me when job searching in the future. Advice please, thanks.
chelseafreak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
do you want to go to uni?
hp707
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelseafreak)
do you want to go to uni?
I really do but in 5 years time I don't want to be rejected from a job because of these a levels
chelseafreak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hp707)
I really do but in 5 years time I don't want to be rejected from a job because of these a levels
not many jobs care about qualifications, if you don't want to go to uni yet then don't. take some time off from education and be happy
Charlie82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in the same boat i got an offer but I'm not a 100% enthusiastic with going because of my grades this year and I'm scared I'll lose motivation at uni like i did this year at a2 if i don't improve myself. I also fear because of my lack of effort i haven't learnt as much as those around me and will be going to uni or a slightly underconfident back foot. My advice would be to do what makes you happy. Not many jobs take into account a levels but if you'd be happier bumping them up now I'd do it whilst not at uni by taking a year out as otherwise it could interfere with your uni course and then when you're happier you'll be confident to go to uni and get that first. 👊👊👊 Good luck in whatever you choose though
hp707
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlie82)
I'm in the same boat i got an offer but I'm not a 100% enthusiastic with going because of my grades this year and I'm scared I'll lose motivation at uni like i did this year at a2 if i don't improve myself. I also fear because of my lack of effort i haven't learnt as much as those around me and will be going to uni or a slightly underconfident back foot. My advice would be to do what makes you happy. Not many jobs take into account a levels but if you'd be happier bumping them up now I'd do it whilst not at uni by taking a year out as otherwise it could interfere with your uni course and then when you're happier you'll be confident to go to uni and get that first. 👊👊👊 Good luck in whatever you choose though
Thanks! Yeah i completely agree with you about feeling less confident that others, I know I can do better as well. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (100)
60.24%
Yes- I don't like it (9)
5.42%
No- I want it (46)
27.71%
No- I don't want it (11)