The Student Room Group

Telling a guy I don't do summer flings

So I am going away with some friends and one of them I have history with. He liked me when i didn't like him but we kissed once when drunk and since then we have remained friends but there is still plenty of chemistry and I have grown to like him. Not sure what his feelings are but he often flirts with me when we are out.

I think he may try it on when we are away, but I have a rule whereby i don't do summer romances. I got with a guy last summer and he ended it before he went back to uni because he wanted to be single for uni and since then i have learnt to only get with guys who I know will com. How can I let this other guy know I don't want a summer fling? Should i just tell him if he tries it on? Or should i say nothing,go with the flow and at the end of the holiday talk to him about it? The danger with that is if he wants to stay single then I will end up so hurt and it will probably ruin our friendship. I just want to say something to him to almost subtly hinter indirectly tell him I don't do summer romances. Even if it is something simple like asking what he thinks of me?

Is it ok if I ask him where he sees it going before I do anything with him? I know guys don't like being put on the spot but i would rather know the truth, for both of our sakes, otherwise we will both get emotionally attached and if he calls it off it will be sad for us both.

Thank you
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Go with the flow. You'll know if he wants something more. No need to obsess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending