Turn on thread page Beta

Toby Studabaker, did he do anything wrong? watch

Announcements

HE DID DO SOMETHING WRONG! He knew shev was 12, i knew it. I used to talk to him, he used to tell me about shevaun. He even asked to meet me once knowing how old i was! (btw im 13). He is a jerk and derserves to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ry6454)
    HE DID DO SOMETHING WRONG! He knew shev was 12, i knew it. I used to talk to him, he used to tell me about shevaun. He even asked to meet me once knowing how old i was! (btw im 13). He is a jerk and derserves to die.
    I don't think he is going to be killed (!)

He isn't charged with having sex ith her or anything, just abducting her.

this story has just died - whatever happened to Toby Studabaker? Is he being held in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    this story has just died - whatever happened to Toby Studabaker? Is he being held in the UK?
    Yes, he is in custody somewhere near Manchester and will have his pleas and directions hearing at Bolton Crown Court in November, I believe.

In my opinion, the fault lies with the deceptive *naughty* little girl at the centre of the story. She preyed on a lonely widowed man, telling him a pack of lies to get attention in the form of his sexual attraction to her, which she probably didn't get in the "Real World" because everyone knew her age and she couldn't fabricate the fantasy world that she was able to online.

She then lied to her parents and jetted off across the world with him, where he then most likely discovered the truth and panicked. He got her to write some sort of affidavit to ensure people knew he didn't have sex with her or touch her up, or whatever, and sent her home before turning himself in at the embassy (what anybody with half a brain would do in that situation - who would go to the local police when you can get help from your own country especially when you are sh***ing yourself).

The internet can be a dangerous thing in the wrong hands, in that children like this girl with immature little fantasies can, as we see here, get other people in a lot of trouble.

At the end of the day, she has been granted anonymity by the courts, and can go on with her life. He is in jail in the UK, has now probably lost his job, his home, and any chance of a future in Christian Ministry, which is I believe was his vocation, and will most likely end up with some kind of punishment. That is, unless she stands up and tells the truth, which she probably won't because it will make everyone concerned (police, parents, etc) look like fools.

Toby Studabaker will be a scapegoat for the moronic parenting skills of the girl's parents who knew nothing of their 12 yr old daughter's life, including the fact she led a double life as a 19 year old who told at least this man she would marry him and have his babies, and the crappy corrupt police who do whatever to make sure he gets what they have coming for him.

i fink that toby studebaker is a pedo and its sick ........ wot a dirty **** ... he probably had sex with her and did pedo stuff with her the dirty get .... he needs to get a grip its better to be gay than a pedo ..... maybe he should try men at least there about his age and dont need their nappys changin for them the sick *******... thank you please....... oh ye we all luv england and LEIGH so comon leigh centurians rlfc and st helens comon u saints ... ****OFF WIGAN ****OFF WIGAN ...... i hope that toby dude gets life in prion fr avin sex with her the dirty ****er ...... and hes fat n ugly errrrrrrr and tell him to make sure he dosnt drop his soap or he'll get something he wont want cos men in prison are over the age of 10!!!!!!! OH YE WELL DUN ENGLAND IN DA WORLD CUP YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!! and americans are all fat n ugly and always doughnuts and hotdogs n burgers n fries n chips and maccies and take aways cuz u all dnt knw wen to stop eating so comon america lets all eat salad for once ...... and tea and biscuits with mother...... lets jus face it england is the best country in the world better than america ......... and if you lot want our queen so much ****in take her we wont mind! cuz shes a german and we hate krouts ............ GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEEN LONG LIVE OUR NOBLE QUEEN ... OH YEAH YOUR **** OF A PRESIDENT NEEDS ASSASINATING HE'S A WORLD CLASS ******!... bring bak bill clinton cuz hes got a sausage ed .... the fat rapist pedo the only good thing to come out of your country is the films and the simpsons and them oreo biscuits yes thats rite there called biscuits you meffs not cookies a cookie is a buiscuit with chocolate chips get a ****in grip! and it is crisps not potato chips and chips not fries and we dont drink ice tea cuz its better hot ..... so ye there we go WELL DUN ENGLAN DINT WORLD CUP

ReputationRep:
    I have known Toby for over 15 years now. Yes he is an adult in years, but can be very childlike in what he does and how he mentaly views things. Yes he said shev was 18-19 years old, Yes he spent a LOT of time online talking to her. They e-mailed, snail mailed and even called one another.
    NO her parents did not supervise her time online well. The school did not supervise her well either. ( many e-mails came from her school) And I admit I did not watch my own pewter very well.
    Yes this young kid bought her own plane tickets ( how as she was a kid? ) Yes Toby did go into other countries with her. I know that when Toby gets upset he does not think clearly. Am I excusing what he did? NO. What he did was wrong. He was still a Marine when he met her in England ( he was never in the Army)

As of today, Toby pled guilty in a court of law. I am glad he finaly stepped up to the plate and took responsibality for his actions. I hold Toby, Shev and her parents and school responsible for all of this. IF people ( me included ) would of watched their computers better this could of been caught early and stopped. I am glad Shev is safe at home with her family.

ReputationRep:
    She isn't to blame - she's just an inexperienced child. He was the adult predator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    She isn't to blame - she's just an inexperienced child. He was the adult predator.
    Yes in years she is a child.. BUT in her actions she is older than her 13 years. She is responsible for the lies she told. For misleading her parents and her friends. There were a few she told, Like Becky, Rob and Ishma.

No I do not condone what THEY did. Wrong is wrong no matter what your age is.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was both their faults. I don't think the girl should be punished because she is too young to understand, though she should feel guilty about the **** she put her parents through. If I was to ever take my life or to want to I know I wouldn't because it would put my parents through hell. It would be seriously weird cause she is back with her parents. I have no idea how my parents would take it if I ****ed off and did that crazy **** like shev. Is that her real name? I would be embarassed as hell if I were her parents.
    and before who ever blamed te parents its' not their fault im pretty sure they didnt instill those types of morals and ideas in her head.
    personally i think it's pretty sick considering their ages. In their own minds they probabaly didn't think there was anything wrong (morally) and didn't care. Does anyone know these people personally?

ReputationRep:
    Why hasn't it been on the news? simple, they do not want to publisise that he has got away with it, doing so might incourage others to be more bold, as they think they may be able to get away with it

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.