The Student Room Group

crush/missed opportunities

how many people have met someone they like and possibly may think they feel the same way but don't/never owned up to these feelings incase of rejection?
Guys and girls, what do you doooo :'(
you know the expression the one that got away? with me they all got away
i was rejected once but i was ready for that :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
how many people have met someone they like and possibly may think they feel the same way but don't/never owned up to these feelings incase of rejection?

so crushed i went to a really good school and came out with **** grades- I feel cheated and so so stupid
A few times, but life goes on, just get on with it
All the time.
Yep, especially right now. :frown:
Reply 7
And the real kicker is that oft times when you go back a few years later, you find that your crush was crushing on you all along and you were both too afraid to do anything about it.
The feels man, the feels...
Quite a few times, but that's life. Just don't give up, it'll work one day :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

Sorry but this is silly.

I mean, would you rather be rejected or live with regrets?
Original post by Indeterminate
Sorry but this is silly.

I mean, would you rather be rejected or live with regrets?

I think a lot of people don't act on their crush because of the fear of embarrassment along with the rejection. I agree, it would be best to just express yourself and maybe things would work out but our human nature (at least mine) makes it too uncomfortable.
Original post by Lennon79
And the real kicker is that oft times when you go back a few years later, you find that your crush was crushing on you all along and you were both too afraid to do anything about it.
The feels man, the feels...

This is so true!
Original post by hopeforthebest1
I think a lot of people don't act on their crush because of the fear of embarrassment along with the rejection. I agree, it would be best to just express yourself and maybe things would work out but our human nature (at least mine) makes it too uncomfortable.

Yes and also most of us aren't ready/aren't 100% sure of our feelings. Must be awkward to finally tell her you like her,then you realise the next day you don't :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to be shy like that, but then I thought "chuff it" and just went for it- the worst someone can say i no! My boyfriend was a lot like that, he was too shy to say anything to me - so I ended up asking him out on a day out / date- but didnt really specify if it was a date or not - it allowed him to really get to know me and then he realised it was actually fine. He had been into me from the first day we met too- and in the end it was him who made athe first move a week later :wink:

Just get stuck in. Life is for living, not regretting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending