A-level and AS further maths module swaps

Watch
Glavien
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there,

I just received my as level results today and got an A in maths.

I got the following UMS marks:
C1 = 95
C2 = 91
M1 = 73

I am going to do C3, C4 And S1 next year for A2 maths. In addition to this, I am also planning to pick up AS further maths with the following modules FP1, S2 and D1.

My aim is to get an A* in maths next year and I was wondering if I could swap some of my AS further maths modules, which I will do alongside my A2 maths to bump up my overall maths UMS?

So, if I did badly in S1 but did really well in D1, could I swap my D1 module with S1 for it to count for my A-level maths grade and not AS further maths grade?
Oh, and I am with the edexcel board.

Thanks in advance.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Glavien)
Hi there,

I just received my as level results today and got an A in maths.

I got the following UMS marks:
C1 = 95
C2 = 91
M1 = 73

I am going to do C3, C4 And S1 next year for A2 maths. In addition to this, I am also planning to pick up AS further maths with the following modules FP1, S2 and D1.

My aim is to get an A* in maths next year and I was wondering if I could swap some of my AS further maths modules, which I will do alongside my A2 maths to bump up my overall maths UMS?

So, if I did badly in S1 but did really well in D1, could I swap my D1 module with S1 for it to count for my A-level maths grade and not AS further maths grade?
Oh, and I am with the edexcel board.

Thanks in advance.
It will be done automatically if the exam entries and cash in requests are done correctly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glavien
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by gdunne42)
It will be done automatically if the exam entries and cash in requests are done correctly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the reply, but I don't quite understand what you mean. What cash in and how will they determine the modules to pick? Do they choose your overall highest module?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Glavien)
Thanks for the reply, but I don't quite understand what you mean. What cash in and how will they determine the modules to pick? Do they choose your overall highest module?
They will choose the combination of modules that gives you the best possible grade for maths A level within the rules of the specification and use what is left for further maths but only if your examinations officer does your exam entries correctly. Cash-in is a request that is made to convert your unit results into an AS or A level qualification result. If your exams officer has cashed in any results they become locked to a specific qualification unless cash in is requested again. Your exams officer should know how to do it correctly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads