How long does it take for a Uni to respond to clearing choice?

Watch
Rayman0121
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Received verbal offer, received confirmation of verbal offer. Waited till 5pm to input offer into UCAS track, essentially accepting it. How long should it take for it to confirm that the uni has accepted me?
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rayman0121)
Received verbal offer, received confirmation of verbal offer. Waited till 5pm to input offer into UCAS track, essentially accepting it. How long should it take for it to confirm that the uni has accepted me?
That will depend on the University, but I would expect most would be accepted tomorrow. If not by early next week, give them a call to see when you should expect to hear.

Congrats on your offer!
Ice Dragon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was looking to see if anyone else was in the same situation - fingers crossed we both get accepted tomorrow! Thanks Ecosse_14
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ice Dragon)
I was looking to see if anyone else was in the same situation - fingers crossed we both get accepted tomorrow! Thanks Ecosse_14
Keep us updated!
Maverick07
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I only received a verbal offer from the senior lecturer and assurance that a confirmation email would follow. After that I only got an acknowledgement email. My friend got her confirmation email straight after the verbal offer and only got the acknowledgment email after putting it in on track. Do I still have the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Maverick07)
I only received a verbal offer from the senior lecturer and assurance that a confirmation email would follow. After that I only got an acknowledgement email. My friend got her confirmation email straight after the verbal offer and only got the acknowledgment email after putting it in on track. Do I still have the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I responded to your query in one of the other threads you asked it.
FADH2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have got an offer in clearing and have accepted it today.But I don't know when they accept it,am I going to get an unconditional offer or a conditional one as it seems they don't have my grades on UCAS.They asked me the grades on the phone ?Any help here?
Maverick07
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ecosse_14)
I responded to your query in one of the other threads you asked it.
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FADH2)
I have got an offer in clearing and have accepted it today.But I don't know when they accept it,am I going to get an unconditional offer or a conditional one as it seems they don't have my grades on UCAS.They asked me the grades on the phone ?Any help here?
All offers through Clearing are Unconditional. It may be that they tell you your offer is subject to verification of your results (i.e. send them your certificate).
Inflamel42
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rayman0121)
In the exact same situation, after a verbal offer I had an email about an unconditional offer which expires in 48 hours, inputted into track at 5pm just waiting for acceptance from their side

::Watching Thread::
FADH2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All offers through Clearing are Unconditional. It may be that they tell you your offer is subject to verification of your results (i.e. send them your certificate).
They didn't ask for that on the phone.I said my grades and he said we are happy to offer you place and sent me an email which says I have until tomorrow midday to accept the offer but it is said that :
This offer is based on you having achieved the qualifications stated below;and my grades are there.
But they didn't asked me to send them my qualifications.

Will it be an unconditional one?
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FADH2)
They didn't ask for that on the phone.I said my grades and he said we are happy to offer you place and sent me an email which says I have until tomorrow midday to accept the offer but it is said that :
This offer is based on you having achieved the qualifications stated below;and my grades are there.
But they didn't asked me to send them my qualifications.

Will it be an unconditional one?
It always is Unconditional, but they may ask you to verify your results afterwards, or as part of the matriculation process or somewhere in between.
madmorgss
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got into Coventry through clearing (I chose to opt out of my firm and blah blah - and I've been accepted), but I haven't got a student ID yet so I can't get accommodation. I'm so worried
FADH2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It always is Unconditional, but they may ask you to verify your results afterwards, or as part of the matriculation process or somewhere in between.
Thanks,
1)Can they change their mind after accepting it?
2)I need an unconditional offer to be able to apply for Visa.That's why I am worried about the offer to be unconditional.
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FADH2)
Thanks,
1)Can they change their mind after accepting it?
2)I need an unconditional offer to be able to apply for Visa.That's why I am worried about the offer to be unconditional.
1) Once they offer you an Unconditional, they can't take it away unless they find out the qualifications you gave them are incorrect.
2) All offers through Clearing are Unconditional.
FADH2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1) Once they offer you an Unconditional, they can't take it away unless they find out the qualifications you gave them are incorrect.
2) All offers through Clearing are Unconditional.
Thank you mate:beer:
How is university of Westminster for biomedical Science?
ohsosofaay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by madmorgss)
I got into Coventry through clearing (I chose to opt out of my firm and blah blah - and I've been accepted), but I haven't got a student ID yet so I can't get accommodation. I'm so worried
Hi there. It might take a few days for all of your details to be processed and sent to you etc. I'm working for the University of Leicester during Clearing, and my advice has been that if you haven't heard by Monday evening then give the uni a call/email to check. But don't panic - it should be on its way!

Congrats on getting into Coventry!
FADH2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ohsosofaay)
Hi there. It might take a few days for all of your details to be processed and sent to you etc. I'm working for the University of Leicester during Clearing, and my advice has been that if you haven't heard by Monday evening then give the uni a call/email to check. But don't panic - it should be on its way!

Congrats on getting into Coventry!
Hi I have a accepted an emailed offer through clearing,Is there any chance that they don't accept me?
Will it be unconditional because on the e-mail it is mentioned that the offer is based on bla bla bla which are my grades that they have asked me on the phone.
BTW, they didn't ask me to send them my results.
Will I be safe?
ohsosofaay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FADH2)
Hi I have a accepted an emailed offer through clearing,Is there any chance that they don't accept me?
Will it be unconditional because on the e-mail it is mentioned that the offer is based on bla bla bla which are my grades that they have asked me on the phone.
BTW, they didn't ask me to send them my results.
Will I be safe?
Hi!

It doen't matter that they didn't ask you to send them your results - UCAS will confirm to the uni whether or not you achieved the results that you told them!

If UCAS haven't confirmed your results, there's a chance you could be rejected (but only if you've lied or you told them the wrong thing). If you told them the correct grades then they will accept you.

All Clearing offers are unconditional, so there is basically no way they can reject you if you've told them the right grades!
FADH2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ohsosofaay)
Hi!

It doen't matter that they didn't ask you to send them your results - UCAS will confirm to the uni whether or not you achieved the results that you told them!

If UCAS haven't confirmed your results, there's a chance you could be rejected (but only if you've lied or you told them the wrong thing). If you told them the correct grades then they will accept you.

All Clearing offers are unconditional, so there is basically no way they can reject you if you've told them the right grades!
Great,No I didn't lie to them,why should I?
The point that worried me is that they didn't ask for each unit grade.Can they change their mind when they see every unit grades?Am I over reacting ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (484)
33.63%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (595)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (295)
20.5%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (65)
4.52%

Watched Threads