Need some help! Studying Abroad

Watch
Tulareyn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I am studying abroad from September, in Hong Kong.

I am currently on a contract with EE for iPhone 5S, it will run out in about october (it was 24 month contract), no problem. My phone is sort of not working right now (long story), so I now need to buy a new phone. I haven't got 24 months out of the phone, but 22 will do.

Would it be wise, to go and buy a Samsung Galaxy S6 without sim now, and just insert sim cards and such (a sim card for here until I go, and then sim cards in HK), or is there another option I am missing, is this the most financially sensible way? I would assume I wouldn't want to be tied down to a contract if I am in Hong Kong most of the year after all.

Thanks for any advice.
zalo_00
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
FIRST!
Go to hong kong samsung web and find out if they have that phone there!
If not, when you take it there it wont work!

SECOND!
I believe that Galaxy S6 doesnt offer you the possibility to open it and extract you sim card to put another one. Fo to a store and find out before you buy it or you wont be able to exchange sim cards in HK.

THIRD!
Is it neccsary that you take the phone with you? maybe you can find them cheaper in HK.

FOURTH!
Chill out!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads