(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Scopeowner
I just got my AS Results today, and they are awful. :cry:

Results:

Computing: C (predicted an A)
Maths: D (predicted a B)
Geography: B (predicted an A)
Physics: E (predicted a B)

I worked my ass off for my exams, and it is clear that I didn't get what I deserved. What makes my blood boil is the fact that some exam boards are so callous when it comes to marking exam papers. :mad:

Any views on the subject guys? As I need some advice and some help.

What help and advice would you like? It's an unfortunate and unfair fact of life that hard work isn't the only thing required for success at A-level :sadnod:
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
What help and advice would you like? It's an unfortunate and unfair fact of life that hard work isn't the only thing required for success at A-level :sadnod:

Hey, thanks for replying. The thing is that I'm not sure if I should retake any exams, and I'm not sure how the process of retaking works.
I'm in a similar situation I got BBEE and want to carry on the EE subjects next year not sure what to do though. Don't wana resit year .
What has your school advised? Guess you are dropping one? Or not? Had kinda same nightmare - predicted BBBB got CDEE!! Totally gutted!! Been told I should just go on and do two alevels and one AS but I think that's useless especially if I want to go to Uni - so about to 'beg' school to let me carry on and do 3 alevels. (PE - C, Physics D, Biology E and Maths E). I am dumping Biology which I was always going to do. Already finished my EPQ in physics related subject which went well so at least something good this week I guess! Good luck with your choices. Rubbish few days!
Reply 5
Original post by Username828
I'm in a similar situation I got BBEE and want to carry on the EE subjects next year not sure what to do though. Don't wana resit year .

Yeah allow resitting an entire year. Some of my friends left my school to resit Year 12 at different schools, it's really sad seeing people I knew since Year 7 leaving because of A level.
Reply 6
Original post by Scopeowner
I just got my AS Results today, and they are awful. :cry:

Results:

Computing: C (predicted an A)
Maths: D (predicted a B)
Geography: B (predicted an A)
Physics: E (predicted a B)

I worked my ass off for my exams, and it is clear that I didn't get what I deserved. What makes my blood boil is the fact that some exam boards are so callous when it comes to marking exam papers. :mad:

Any views on the subject guys? As I need some advice and some help.

You studied but was it productive studying?
Possibly you don't actually know how to focus or study?

Speak to a teacher about how to study..

Contemplate over your studying habits, how well disciplined are you?

Best of luck :wink:

P.S.
Been there done that lol

Medic 4th year
Reply 7
I got CDEU in my AS year(ICT, Maths, Biology, Furthermaths)

Resat the year and got(Maths,ICT,Computing,Biology)
BBCC

Predicted for a2
AAB(Maths,ICT,Computing)

Order your papers back and see where you went wrong.
Discuss new revision methods with your teachers.
Evaluate your own revision method by yourself.

Good luck :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by dadon786
You studied but was it productive studying?
Possibly you don't actually know how to focus or study?

Speak to a teacher about how to study..

Contemplate over your studying habits, how well disciplined are you?

Best of luck :wink:

P.S.
Been there done that lol

Medic 4th year

I appreciate your advice. Thanks.
Reply 9
Original post by Maim56
I got CDEU in my AS year(ICT, Maths, Biology, Furthermaths)

Resat the year and got(Maths,ICT,Computing,Biology)
BBCC

Predicted for a2
AAB(Maths,ICT,Computing)

Order your papers back and see where you went wrong.
Discuss new revision methods with your teachers.
Evaluate your own revision method by yourself.

Good luck :smile:

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Robert1066
What has your school advised? Guess you are dropping one? Or not? Had kinda same nightmare - predicted BBBB got CDEE!! Totally gutted!! Been told I should just go on and do two alevels and one AS but I think that's useless especially if I want to go to Uni - so about to 'beg' school to let me carry on and do 3 alevels. (PE - C, Physics D, Biology E and Maths E). I am dumping Biology which I was always going to do. Already finished my EPQ in physics related subject which went well so at least something good this week I guess! Good luck with your choices. Rubbish few days!

Yeah, that's true. Thanks and Good Luck with your choices as well.

Quick Reply

Latest