kalie97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I got my AS results and I was dissappointed and shocked in both good and bad ways.
In English (AQA) I got a B overall - 154/200 [with 96/120 (A) and 58/80 (B)]

Early Modern History (Pearson) I got a C overall - 126/200 [with 63/100 on both papers]

However on my OCR exams (Law and Classics: ancient history) things got weird...

In Law I was a solid A grade student never dropping below 100/120 yet my results landed me with a B - 156/200 [with papers marks 90/120 (B) and 66/84 (A)]
And in Ancient History I was a solid B normally yet I got a C - 130/200 [with my papers marks 74/100 (B) and 56/100 (D)]

I dunno if it is just me being in denial that I didn't do as well as I hoped, but my OCR results seemed odd! Any advice on whetheri should try for a re-mark or re-sit or any other advice?
Thanks!
TheDboyAi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I got confused from identifying your final grades from coursework grades, but from the looks of it, with a handful of B's especially at AS-level is really good. They actually show you got some academic talent, so i wouldnt be too down. I'd say just keep working at it when it comes to A2 exams, who knows, those B's could potential become A's as you final grades. So are you looking into doing e.g. law or English at uni?
kalie97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by TheDboyAi)
Hi, I got confused from identifying your final grades from coursework grades, but from the looks of it, with a handful of B's especially at AS-level is really good. They actually show you got some academic talent, so i wouldnt be too down. I'd say just keep working at it when it comes to A2 exams, who knows, those B's could potential become A's as you final grades. So are you looking into doing e.g. law or English at uni?
Sorry it's so complicated, basically I've got B in English and Law and C's in my two history's! I was wanting to do History at Southampton university but I'd have to work really hard next year to get in as its offer is AAB-ABB, but if my college lets me do EPQ even though I didn't get BBB, Southampton will lower the grade boundaries if I get an A in it
ancienthistory
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should, in my opinion, look over your English Legal System script with your law tutor and discuss whether there is potential for those 4 marks - bringing your grade up to an A. I am going to do similar for Ancient History, wherein I fell 4 UMS below an A on the Rome paper.

Good luck
TheDboyAi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kalie97)
Sorry it's so complicated, basically I've got B in English and Law and C's in my two history's! I was wanting to do History at Southampton university but I'd have to work really hard next year to get in as its offer is AAB-ABB, but if my college lets me do EPQ even though I didn't get BBB, Southampton will lower the grade boundaries if I get an A in it
Since you've gotten some B/C's i would recommend uni's that accept students based on the amount of ucas points they have compared to those that only accept grades only, I know for certain that there are other unis that offer history, who might teach history better than others but might wont require students to have high OP grades, id recommend looking around until you see/find more unis that you might like more than others. So with the grades you got for AS, you'e already made the workload for uni lighter. Hopfully this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (63)
15%
I'm not sure (14)
3.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (142)
33.81%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.43%
I'm not a current university student (195)
46.43%

Watched Threads