The Student Room Group

Jobs for 15 year olds?

I'm 14 but will be 15 in November and I am interested in finding a job. The law says I can only work for 12 hours a week during term time and a maximum of 2 hours on a school day or Sunday but 8 hours on a Saturday. I know whsmith hire at my age but I looked at vacancies on their jobs website but all the jobs near me are more than 12 hours a week. I live in Glasgow if that helps. Don't suggest volunteering or paper round or babysitting please.
Honestly, its nearly impossible to get a job at 15. Most 16 and even 18 year olds struggle to find jobs. My honest advice is to just enjoy life instead of rushing into work.
I tried so hard to find a job at your age but I didn't get a steady job till I was 16 and got my NI number! It sucks because not a lot of big companies are willing to hire you due to health and safety issues and the hours you can legally work. If I was you I would try small venues like cafes and restaurants who will give you cash in hand for the work you do. I also got occasional work when I was 15 working at a kiosk at the local football ground, so definitely try that. If all else fails, maybe get a few hours working a till in a charity shop? I know it's painful not getting paid but when you turn 16 it'll be so much easier to walk into a job with the experience you've gained. Good luck with the job search, believe me I know how hard and frustrating it is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alldayniqqa
Honestly, its nearly impossible to get a job at 15. Most 16 and even 18 year olds struggle to find jobs. My honest advice is to just enjoy life instead of rushing into work.

I'm also inclined to agree with you here. Working becomes dull very fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
bump
go to local fast food shops. They will probably take you on, or pay you to distribute leaflets.
Or be a waiter at an Indian takeaway, your pay will probably be a secret from the taxman tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending