The Student Room Group

Narrowly missing my As grades...

Hello, I've just received my As results back today and I got BBBD with 3 of them being 1 or 2 marks of a higher grade. I'm planning on remarking the D then ditching it, so I can focus on my 3 Bs (bio,chem,grog)which were almost 2As and a B. When it comes to applying for university do they use your As results and if so do they take in account how close of was to getting the next grade. I'm thinking about remarking however i would rather just redo my Bio isa to a higherstandard then redo chemistry unit 1 because I'm quite certain I'll be able to reach an A on As by doing this. My worry is that If I apply for university with 3Bs then get 2As and a B on results day, I'll have to go to a worse university than I deserve. Lastly there are some points on the right side of the paper which I thought were ucas points however they don't match up online I got 120 points for each of the Bs and 90 for the D. Thanks
Reply 1
In this situation also! Got BBBC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MrKmas508

Lastly there are some points on the right side of the paper which I thought were ucas points however they don't match up online I got 120 points for each of the Bs and 90 for the D. Thanks

They are QCA points and just for calculating schools performance data. You can ignore them.
Reply 3
Okay, first of all. Forget about what grades you are applying to University with, 3 B's is great. I applied for a high demand course at UoM requiring AAA with As grades of ACDE and got a conditional offer.

For a bit more reassurance, my D was actually in Maths, and the course specifically required an A at A2 to get in. I had to jump 3 grades in a year and they still offered me a conditional place!

I got my results back today as A*AB. Proof that hard work pays off :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest