TheyCallMePolish
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all,

I was wondering what the difference with these courses is?
I got AABCC (Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Further Maths, Physics) at AS - would I be eligible to
take this course?
Would I still be able to become a doctor with this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
theresheglows
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheyCallMePolish)
Hi all,

I got AABCC (Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Further Maths, Physics) at AS - would I be eligible to
take this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Foundation courses are medicine degrees with an additional foundation year which you have to pass (usually at 70%) before entry to year one of that uni's medicine degrees. They are usually aimed at people without science/chemistry A-levels or those who meet certain widening participation (socio-economic) criteria; eligibility varies between unis.

Have a look here for more info http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...icine_Programs
Neostigmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheyCallMePolish)
Hi all,

take this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. They usually have a year at the start and then you join the medicine course as standard. We all get the same degree at the end :yes:. Your subects and grades are fine for a lot of them.

Look for BM6 at Southampton, EDMP and Kings, then A2Leeds, Durham, Nottingham, UEA, there are lots!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (563)
34.12%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (680)
41.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.55%

Watched Threads