The Student Room Group

Should I remark Chemistry AS?

Today I got my AS results:
A - History
B - Economics
B- Maths
C- Chemistry

People have been saying that these grades are really good but if I'm honest I wasn't as pleased as I wanted to be. I wanted at least Economics and Maths to be an A and looking through the result sheet I realised that I couldn't change my B to an A.

Even though I'm dropping Chemistry, I was shocked to get a C because when I did those two exam papers in school, I thought they had gone really well. I answered all of the questions and I felt confident that I did well by the end, and yet I ended up with a C>

Is there much point in me remarking my chemistry papers, because I feel as if I shouldn't have gotten a C, at least a B I thought?
Which exam board did you take? I'm OCR salters B and I got high As in F332/3 (87%+) and a C in F331 (67.5%) bringing me down to 239/300 (B, only just). I'd remark if you're similar to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chandmeister
Today I got my AS results:
A - History
B - Economics
B- Maths
C- Chemistry

People have been saying that these grades are really good but if I'm honest I wasn't as pleased as I wanted to be. I wanted at least Economics and Maths to be an A and looking through the result sheet I realised that I couldn't change my B to an A.

Even though I'm dropping Chemistry, I was shocked to get a C because when I did those two exam papers in school, I thought they had gone really well. I answered all of the questions and I felt confident that I did well by the end, and yet I ended up with a C>

Is there much point in me remarking my chemistry papers, because I feel as if I shouldn't have gotten a C, at least a B I thought?

What were your UMS marks in chemistry? Just bear in mind that marks can go down as well as up.

In general, it is unlikely for marks to change in the science/maths subjects as they often follow a strict markscheme in marking papers. This doesn't mean it's impossible though, so it's your call as to what you think is best. :smile:
If you were dropping an A level and you did bad in AS, does that mean u have to retake it to get a better grade
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
Which exam board did you take? I'm OCR salters B and I got high As in F332/3 (87%+) and a C in F331 (67.5%) bringing me down to 239/300 (B, only just). I'd remark if you're similar to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got exactly the same as you! 239/300! Remarking and hoping for 1 ums somewhere!
Reply 5
Original post by KatieAlicexxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm AQA for Chem
Reply 6
Original post by usycool1
What were your UMS marks in chemistry? Just bear in mind that marks can go down as well as up.

In general, it is unlikely for marks to change in the science/maths subjects as they often follow a strict markscheme in marking papers. This doesn't mean it's impossible though, so it's your call as to what you think is best. :smile:

Here are my UMS scores:
AQA Chem unit 1 : 68 - c
Chem unit 2: 101 - b
Chem unit 3X: 34 - d

I calculated the totals and found out that I was seven UMS marks off a B.
Original post by TheNervousWreck
Got exactly the same as you! 239/300! Remarking and hoping for 1 ums somewhere!

Let's hope we can up out grades!

Quick Reply

Latest