ShootingStar_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I got a C in Psychology today and I was absolutely shocked. My AQA exams went fantastically! - or so I had thought. Throughout the year I've been getting B's on the mocks and I was certain I had gotten a B overall. I'm gutted because I wanted a B so badly and it's what I'm hoping to study at University. When I spoke to my teacher she did say that I was about two marks off a B, and so I'm very unsure as to what I should do now?
I don't want to re-sit, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth re-marking or how I would go about that seeing as my Psychology teacher didn't seem interested in trying to push for that (there were a lot of people in a queue behind me, I feel that it could be because they were trying to just move me along). I could try to make it up next year but I know that'll be a lot harder and I'm uncertain as to what to do.

P.s. - (Don't know if it matters, exactly) I got 62% on the first exam (C), and 75% on the second (B).
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ShootingStar_)
I got a C in Psychology today and I was absolutely shocked. My AQA exams went fantastically! - or so I had thought. Throughout the year I've been getting B's on the mocks and I was certain I had gotten a B overall. I'm gutted because I wanted a B so badly and it's what I'm hoping to study at University. When I spoke to my teacher she did say that I was about two marks off a B, and so I'm very unsure as to what I should do now?
I don't want to re-sit, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth re-marking or how I would go about that seeing as my Psychology teacher didn't seem interested in trying to push for that (there were a lot of people in a queue behind me, I feel that it could be because they were trying to just move me along). I could try to make it up next year but I know that'll be a lot harder and I'm uncertain as to what to do.

P.s. - (Don't know if it matters, exactly) I got 62% on the first exam (C), and 75% on the second (B).
If you are only 2 marks off a B now, you only need to be 2 marks into the B boundary next year in order to get a B overall :yep: . This should be achievable - discuss with your teachers how you could improve... Maybe ask for a copy of your paper back?
ShootingStar_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it!
Tsrsarahh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I also got a C in psychology and it's the subject I want to do in uni I got a B in one paper so my teacher told me to repeat the paper I got a D in. Hopefully if I repeat and get an A it will bring my grade up to an A overall. Good luck to you !!
shezshez
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ShootingStar_)

I got a C at A level, studied psychology at uni, got a 2:1, going on to study Forensic Psychology (MSc) next year... You'll be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed