Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey, i just got:
A-Biology
A-Economics
B-Chemistry
C-maths.

I want to do PPE at a top uni and am aiming for Warwick as i love the uni and the course looks good.

I have a strong personal statement and my teachers said they would Predict me A*A*A as i am dropping chemistry.
The course requires A*AA with a A in gcse maths(got an A* in y11).

I was shocked by the C in maths (i got a D in one exam which dropped my grade) and will retake all 3 exams and work hard for it next year, I only dropped one mark in my Jan mocks for maths so i know i can get an A* even. Just had 3 bad and one terrible exam.

I am also doing a related EPQ next year and have done a good amount of wider reading(5 related books which ive bedded stuff from into my statement), will read more.

First question is: As i'm taking AAC into A2 will an A prediction for the C look dodgy and will warwick not accept me?
Secondly i have also heard that you can show a result as pending if you are resitting, is this possible?
Thirdly i am dropping the B in chemistry, should i resit this or is A*A*Ab fine (thats what i think i will get)
Lastly if you don't think i can get an offer what other unis can i get AAA/AAB offers at which offer PPE?

Thank you for reading tried to include neccesary background info, Also Birminghams philosophy and econmics course looks very interesting at AAB has anyone done this?
My dream is Warwick though so can i get an offer?

EDIT: i Am hoping to get A* in economics(very likely) A* in biology(likely) and a A in maths (3 resits involved and is likely as i paid no attention to it as i was aceing my mocks/classwork).
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by whydoidothis?)
Hey, i just got:
A-Biology
A-Economics
B-Chemistry
C-maths.

I want to do PPE at a top uni and am aiming for Warwick as i love the uni and the course looks good.

I have a strong personal statement and my teachers said they would Predict me A*A*A as i am dropping chemistry.
The course requires A*AA with a A in gcse maths(got an A* in y11).

I was shocked by the C in maths (i got a D in one exam which dropped my grade) and will retake all 3 exams and work hard for it next year, I only dropped one mark in my Jan mocks for maths so i know i can get an A* even. Just had 3 bad and one terrible exam.

I am also doing a related EPQ next year and have done a good amount of wider reading(5 related books which ive bedded stuff from into my statement), will read more.

First question is: As i'm taking AAC into A2 will an A prediction for the C look dodgy and will warwick not accept me?
They should give you a good look, don't worry :nah:

Secondly i have also heard that you can show a result as pending if you are resitting, is this possible?
No. You have to input the grade you have just received on your UCAS form, but if you are resitting, then you enter the exam a second time with the 'pending' option. This will indicate that you will be retaking it.

Thirdly i am dropping the B in chemistry, should i resit this or is A*A*Ab fine (thats what i think i will get)
If the offer if only for 3 A-levels, then it should not matter what the fourth AS level is.
Lastly if you don't think i can get an offer what other unis can i get AAA/AAB offers at which offer PPE?
You'll have to search UCAS Course Search for that information.
whydoidothis?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Nirgilis)
They should give you a good look, don't worry :nah:

No. You have to input the grade you have just received on your UCAS form, but if you are resitting, then you enter the exam a second time with the 'pending' option. This will indicate that you will be retaking it.

If the offer if only for 3 A-levels, then it should not matter what the fourth AS level is.

You'll have to search UCAS Course Search for that information.
Thanks alot you answered all my questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads