The Student Room Group

Is there a chance for me to get into optometry

i got my As results and i am in a dilemma i have a B(210 ums) in AQA bio, a C(197 ums)in AQA chem and a C(188 ums) in edexcel maths i want to do optom at bradford do i have a chance of getting an offer? and can i be predicted 3Bs by my teachers? Thanks
Original post by buddy98
i got my As results and i am in a dilemma i have a B(210 ums) in AQA bio, a C(197 ums)in AQA chem and a C(188 ums) in edexcel maths i want to do optom at bradford do i have a chance of getting an offer? and can i be predicted 3Bs by my teachers? Thanks

I got my AS results and I'm in a dilemma! My results were:

B in Biology (AQA)
C in Chemistry (AQA)
C in Mathematics (Edexcel)

I'd like to study Optometry at the University of Bradford, which has an entry requirement of AAB. Here is the link to the course if you are interested in seeing more about it. B.Sc. Optometry.

My teacher has predicted that I could get three B grades at A2!

Does anyone think I have a chance of getting an offer?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Original post by Protagoras
I got my AS results and I'm in a dilemma! My results were:

B in Biology (AQA)
C in Chemistry (AQA)
C in Mathematics (Edexcel)

I'd like to study Optometry at the University of Bradford, which has an entry requirement of AAB. Here is the link to the course if you are interested in seeing more about it. B.Sc. Optometry.

My teacher has predicted that I could get three B grades at A2!

Does anyone think I have a chance of getting an offer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

No.
Original post by Protagoras
No.

That's a bit harsh, just because the kid can barely write a sentence doesn't damn him to a life in the dole queue!

You're studying the preferred subjects, so that's good. The University of Bradford isn't much of a reputable university so the course places won't be competitive, so even with BCC and showing you have enthusiasm for a future as an optometrist, such as knowing a lot about the industry and history of discoveries and innovations in the area of optometry then I think they would be happy to offer you a place.

Quick Reply

Latest