maew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I don't know what happened yesterday but I just feel so down. I was aiming to achieve AAB but received BBB instead. I'd worked so hard and had been revising for months on end. I'd been getting As and A*s in all my mocks. I'm so disappointed in myself. I feel like I did all that work for nothing.

I failed to get into my firm uni but luckily still got a place at my insurance. Don't know how I feel about this though because I really had my heart set at my firm.
Hexaneandheels
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Same here, I even failed some units that I had been achieving A*s and As in consistently throughout the year. I put my back into this only to achieve terrible grades. Do you feel something has really gone wrong this year because so many people are saying the same thing. I can usually tell when I have achieved less than a B in an exam as soon as I am done, but to literally FAIL some units, I cannot CANNOT understand this, I have put so many hours and work into this. Constantly achieveing A*s in all maths modules to come out with a B?
ARGH.

(Original post by maew)
I don't know what happened yesterday but I just feel so down. I was aiming to achieve AAB but received BBB instead. I'd worked so hard and had been revising for months on end. I'd been getting As and A*s in all my mocks. I'm so disappointed in myself. I feel like I did all that work for nothing.

I failed to get into my firm uni but luckily still got a place at my insurance. Don't know how I feel about this though because I really had my heart set at my firm.
Margareter
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by maew)

Don't worry, I also had loads of A's in my maths A-level and ended up getting a C overall. I'm planning on getting a photocopy of the paper to see what actually happened because the examiner you had might have been real s***. If it was all a mistake, maybe you can get it remarked and get a higher grade. If you're absolutely confident you should've gotten an A, get them remarked!
Katniss15
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I feel the same, I have been working at straight A's in my main subjects this year and I got B's in almost everything. I put so much effort into my exams it upsets me to know that it wasnt good enough. But the worst part was that I felt so happy with my exams, like they had went really well. Starting to wonder if I'm never going to get the grades I need for Uni 😔
maew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Hexaneandheels)
Same here, I even failed some units that I had been achieving A*s and As in consistently throughout the year. I put my back into this only to achieve terrible grades. Do you feel something has really gone wrong this year because so many people are saying the same thing. I can usually tell when I have achieved less than a B in an exam as soon as I am done, but to literally FAIL some units, I cannot CANNOT understand this, I have put so many hours and work into this. Constantly achieveing A*s in all maths modules to come out with a B?
ARGH.
The exact same thing happened to me. I only thought one exam went dire but believed the rest went pretty well. I'm just upset because I know i worked really really hard. People say that if you work hard you will get what you wish, but it doesn't seem that way to me.

(Original post by Margareter)
Don't worry, I also had loads of A's in my maths A-level and ended up getting a C overall. I'm planning on getting a photocopy of the paper to see what actually happened because the examiner you had might have been real s***. If it was all a mistake, maybe you can get it remarked and get a higher grade. If you're absolutely confident you should've gotten an A, get them remarked!
It feels like a mistake but I looked at the grade boundaries and my B are in the mid-range. I just have no idea what happened. I wish I knew what went wrong, I wish this was all a mistake.

(Original post by Katniss15)
I feel the same, I have been working at straight A's in my main subjects this year and I got B's in almost everything. I put so much effort into my exams it upsets me to know that it wasnt good enough. But the worst part was that I felt so happy with my exams, like they had went really well. Starting to wonder if I'm never going to get the grades I need for Uni 😔
I feel the same. I thought I would be the only one. I just feel like I honestly don't deserve these grades because I worked so so hard.
Margareter
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What exam board is it? I'm getting a photocopy of mine to see what went wrong, you should tot do that!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (94)
27.89%
No (243)
72.11%

Watched Threads