dancinglove
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I got my AS results yesterday (4As, yay, in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History).

I was delighted overall, but I was really annoyed with my C2 UMS. I got 97/100 in C1, 100/100 in S1 and only 71/100 in C2. I know could do better in C2 as I got 95% in my mock, I just got so stressed during the exam I couldn't think straight.

My overall UMS is only 268, so there is no way my school will predict an A* in maths. I'm fairly confident I'll get predicted an A* in Biology and hopefully Chemistry as I got more than 90% UMS in both of them, but I think Chemistry might refuse (grrr). Either way, I'll be predicted at least A*AA so I'm cool.

My question is - is it worth repeating C2? I kinda want to just because I know I can do better, but will it be unnecessary effort? If I'm continuing to A2 maths how much extra study will it be? Also if I repeat to get an A*, is there any point in getting an A* that wasn't predicted (in terms of Medicine applications)?

Lastly would unis treat me the same having retaken C2?

Thank you so much!!
Neostigmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dancinglove)
Hi, I got my AS results yesterday (4As, yay, in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History).

I was delighted overall, but I was really annoyed with my C2 UMS. I got 97/100 in C1, 100/100 in S1 and only 71/100 in C2. I know could do better in C2 as I got 95% in my mock, I just got so stressed during the exam I couldn't think straight.

My overall UMS is only 268, so there is no way my school will predict an A* in maths. I'm fairly confident I'll get predicted an A* in Biology and hopefully Chemistry as I got more than 90% UMS in both of them, but I think Chemistry might refuse (grrr). Either way, I'll be predicted at least A*AA so I'm cool.

My question is - is it worth repeating C2? I kinda want to just because I know I can do better, but will it be unnecessary effort? If I'm continuing to A2 maths how much extra study will it be? Also if I repeat to get an A*, is there any point in getting an A* that wasn't predicted (in terms of Medicine applications)?

Lastly would unis treat me the same having retaken C2?

Thank you so much!!

Resitting during A2 is fine but why put the strain on yourself? Uni's probably won't be asking for lots of A*'s. It's annoying that you feel you could have done better but then you risk over stretching yourself and missing an offer.
dancinglove
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Neostigmine)
Resitting during A2 is fine but why put the strain on yourself? Uni's probably won't be asking for lots of A*'s. It's annoying that you feel you could have done better but then you risk over stretching yourself and missing an offer.
That's what my parents told me, they thought it was unnecessary stress. However I was hoping that C3 and C4 would keep most of my skills from C2 fresh, plus the C2 exam is a month before any of my A2 exams.
Neostigmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dancinglove)
That's what my parents told me, they thought it was unnecessary stress. However I was hoping that C3 and C4 would keep most of my skills from C2 fresh, plus the C2 exam is a month before any of my A2 exams.
It's obviously entirely up to you. But there is no benefit other than making you feel a little better about not getting a slightly better grade than the amazing one you have.

Look into the unis you want to apply to and see if it is going to boost your application as a few might favour it. If none of the ones you want care about it, then you have to work out if feeling better about getting a better AS grade is worth potentialy missing an offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads