The Student Room Group

Nursing questions please :)

Hi

I would like to know more about nursing.
I've had some work experience but I wasn't shadowing them particularly.
I'm Sory if this sounds disrespectful but I need to know.
Are qualified nurses who have been to university and got there degree people who measure heights and weights of patients constantly?
As this is what I had experienced for 2 weeks. I'm not sure what qualifications they had though.

Do they get to do a lot?
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
You could google nursing jobs and then you'll see all the different careers that are available. Taking observations is an integral part of nursing, from that you can tell if your patient is deteriorating, (plus just looking at them!) but that is only one small aspect of the nursing role. Do some research and find out for yourself.
Good luck!
Which nursing is more in demand?
adult nursing, child nursing, learning disability nursing or mental health nursing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They all are. The NHS train (in theory) enough NQ's to fill the places, so there are fewer Child. MH and LD student places for obvious reasons. Adult branch is the largest because there are more ill adults.
Original post by lilibet01
They all are. The NHS train (in theory) enough NQ's to fill the places, so there are fewer Child. MH and LD student places for obvious reasons. Adult branch is the largest because there are more ill adults.

Thank you

And sorry if I can research this by myself, but do they all have the same job apart from what type of patient they are treating?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Thank you

And sorry if I can research this by myself, but do they all have the same job apart from what type of patient they are treating?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can find that put yourself. Short answer no. Long answer yes.
Fundamentally a nurse is there to look after their patients and ensure they get the best care available.
However, this depends on what role you're in as to what type of patient you have and what they patient requires.
eg in recovery your patients are very different to those in a school.
NHS careers can help you on this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending