Turn on thread page Beta

Children of the 80s watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do you remember night rider, with the car kit, that was kinda cool, that the car talked, I can remember when I was young, being well annoyed when my parents car wouln't talk back to me./

PHIL

ReputationRep:
    I used to love playing with lego. Still got most of the pieces now. My lil bro's not as into it as I was then, so the pieces have been unused for a bit. Any girls out there remember Mallory Towers and St. Clares. Also, Famous Five, Secret 7, Hardy boys and Nancy Drew.

ReputationRep:
    I loved Timmy Mallet!!! I even went to see him live when he came to our local Theatre, and bought a soft toy pink mallet!!! And I can still remember the words to "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"!!! How sad is that??!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and yes I remember Mallory Towers!!!

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by PHIL
    Do you remember night rider, with the car kit, that was kinda cool, that the car talked, I can remember when I was young, being well annoyed when my parents car wouln't talk back to me./

PHIL
    Lol, that was so funny to read.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Chicken
    I loved Timmy Mallet!!! I even went to see him live when he came to our local Theatre, and bought a soft toy pink mallet!!! And I can still remember the words to "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"!!! How sad is that??!!
    So can I! But that's from the original I think...the video for the Timmy Mallet one was soo bad!

i used to watch darkwin duck and put the volume up way high coz i thought the theme song made me look cool!!! lolololol
    "let's get dan-gerous!"

Originally posted by Expression
    Wakaday ! Geez that take me back to my infant/junior school half terms !
    aww that used to be my absolute favourite show!! i used to think pinky punky was the cutest thing in the world!

did anyone ever watch rolf's cartoon club? that was an ace show too!

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Pink_Angel

did anyone ever watch rolf's cartoon club? that was an ace show too!
    "Can ya guess wot it is yet" .

**Does a poor impression of Rolf Harris and his wobble board !**

rofl! they should really show repeats of that show! so funny! and rolf is a wicked artist!

ReputationRep:
    Global Hypercolour T-shirt

where can i find one?

me and my mate used to all have one, and we want them for a stag doo.....

where can i find them?

any help please?!!!!!!!1

ReputationRep:
    According to this site you can get them at Topshop Oxford Street or Liberties.

http://www.soundklash.net/modules.ph...s&new_topic=11

ReputationRep:
    I was born in 1989, I don't remember really any of the long (major long) list at the start of the tread. Though I will say although when I saw the A-Team they were reruns, that show does Rock!!

ReputationRep:
    lol....I read Babysitters Club and I watched Sweet Valley High. NOoooooo. I'm old!
    Hey, do kids still read Goosebumps anymore? I loved Stay out of the Basement. One of my favorite movies of the 80s was Labyrinth. I loved it when I was a kid! I used to think David Bowie was good looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArisGreenleaf)
    lol....I read Babysitters Club and I watched Sweet Valley High. NOoooooo. I'm old!
    Hey, do kids still read Goosebumps anymore? I loved Stay out of the Basement. One of my favorite movies of the 80s was Labyrinth. I loved it when I was a kid! I used to think David Bowie was good looking.
    Whose David Bowie??

ReputationRep:
    "You believed that _By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!"

I still do! Wow, that's my whole life exactly (except for the girly stuff). I did have a Nancy Drew book though, I remember.

I liked He-Man, the cartoon, Thundercats, Chesney Hawk's song, maybe even Ice Ice Baby. I remember Quantum Leap, the best Sci-Fi programme ever (on that channel now too) and I even have a QL book upstairs. And the episode on tape where he's in Man of La Mancha. For those who don't know Don Quijote/Alhonso Quijana is Don Quixote, he has two identities. I feel good! That reminds me of seeing Rocky 3 - Living in America. Kewl.

I've got the Goosebumps stay out of the basement upstairs, it's got another story in too. It's pink. That was ages ago. I actually bought Robson and Jerome's tape too with Up on the Roof on etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh75077)
    Whose David Bowie??
    :eek: You are kidding right?!!!

Labyrinth is still one of my favourite movies . Mmmm power mullet and painted on trousers.....

hmmm speaking of which:

You ever wanted a perm or mullet.

*sigh* I love the 80s. I wish I'd been this age around 1986 or so. I can't believe people **** off the 80s so much

ReputationRep:
    Spokey-Dokeys anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Does anyone know 'Ivor the Engine' ...I don't know what era he came from but I had a tape of it and my mum used to read it to me and I think there was a programme too...ah...
    Oh dear. Yes

With Jones the steam and Jones the ..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    :eek: You are kidding right?!!!

Labyrinth is still one of my favourite movies . Mmmm power mullet and painted on trousers.....

hmmm speaking of which:

You ever wanted a perm or mullet.

*sigh* I love the 80s. I wish I'd been this age around 1986 or so. I can't believe people **** off the 80s so much

Just one thing about Bowie. In that very profound song about the starman wanting to come and meet us but thinking he'll blow our minds ...........

Don't you think he'd have something more profound to say than "let the children boogy"

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.